Tuesday 5 April 2011

Pants


These pants are light and comfortable, but the material is very, very thin - just about see-thru thin. The fabric may hold up well, but I'm not planning on wearing these out of the house, the material is just too sheer for me to feel comfortable in public with them. The pants I got are the oxford color, which is not 100% cotton, so other colors might not be as bad. These do have a very polyester feel. Russell Athletic Women's Workout Essentials Pant, Blackness, Medium

I bought these on sale for $9.99. I also bought a pair of Trecento Women's Yoga Pants for $7.89. I prefer these. They have a comfy, loose fit that doesnt hug your leg. The size is true also. An XL is an XL, versus the Trecento's XL which is more of a L. The material is thin but feels sturdier and will probably take more wear and washings than the Trecento pants. They arent as sharp looking as Trecento's but I plan on buying more.

These are wonderful for wearing around the house, working out and even on those days of running around doing nothing but errands. They are so comfortable that I am going to get more in various colors.

These pants are very true to size, the XL I ordered is VERY large, a little too large for me, and I'm not tiny, but that's okay because I use them for lounging around the house or for working out. They offer plenty of freedom of movement. The fabric is thin enough to be comfortable but thick enough to be cozy, I got them in the darker graphite color so I had no problems with a see-through effect others complained about. I like them, but I think I'll get the large next time if I order more! They aren't gorgeous or very flattering to the figure, so I don't recommend wearing them in public, but they suit my needs. The main problem is that the rise is really long, so if I pulled them up to fit in the crotch they'd be up under my armpits! I'm average height and I'm sure shorter women might need to know this, unless they want to wear them as a jumpsuit!! All in all, worth the ten bucks I paid.

These comfortable pants are perfect for lounging around the house or exercising. I am pear-shaped, and found the fit to be loose, not clingy. Other customers have commented that the fabric is too thin. I ordered a pair in black and can't complain. Incidentally, these pants are almost identical to the Russell Women's 1X1 Rib Open Bottom Pant.

I originally bought a pair of these Russell pants at my college bookstore many years back -- they are a lightweight, jersey knit material. Some reviewers felt they were way too lightweight, because they were expecting them to be sweat pants. THESE ARE NOT SWEAT PANTS! They are literally pants made out of T-SHIRT MATERIAL. If you want thick, fleecy material, look elsewhere.



I find them to be SO much more comfy than sweat pants. They are loose and a bit baggy. They have a drawstring that you'll probably never use because the elastic waist (which is perfect - and narrow enough so it doesn't "roll") keeps them in place. They are not long in length, but I actually find them to be perfect, because I don't hitch the waist up to MY waist -- I always wear them pulled somewhat low (beneath my belly button). But then if I need to take my dog outside and the ground is wet, I'll hitch them up higher so the pant legs don't get wet. :-) The waist also can be rolled/folded over well (which I know is fashionable especially with teen girls these days).



I am 5'8", and about 180 pounds. I wear the XL, but I also once bought the L when XL was sold out, and it wasn't much smaller, as I recall. I wear them frequently (at least twice a week), and they usually wear out in about 2 years. Do they last as long as sweatpants? No. But they are SO much more comfortable, it's worth it! I also think they're more flattering, because they are loose and have a lovely drape to the fabric -- almost like 'harem' pants.



A note about colors -- I own both the graphite and the black. The black (which is 100% cotton), shrunk a bit in length after washing and drying, and now they're a bit on the short side for me. The graphite (poly/cotton blend) has NEVER shrunk -- I HIGHLY recommend the graphite color because of this. They wear better and wash better. They do not fade in color. Normally I would think 100% cotton would be better, but trust me -- with these pants, get the poly/cotton blend. They still feel like 100% cotton anyway, and they wash/wear better.



I absolutely LOVE these pants, and I was so psyched to find them here on Amazon! You won't be disappointed with the graphite color's poly/cotton blend -- it pretty much goes with everything, and washes/wears beautifully.

Trendy looking. I bought these for my teen daughter, she's a "beach babe" and she is always looking for something she can wear when the sun goes down and she can just pop it on top of her bathing suit (bottoms). Yes, the fabirc is thin, but it's not THAT thin, it similar to the thickness of men's undies (think: white briefs). She rolls the waistband down once, and because these pants ARE huge they look like flowey hipster pants. Pair them with a pair of Haviana sandals and a form-fitting top and you have an authentic South Beach look. She has worn these pants THREE DAYS IN A ROW so you can guess how much she likes them (and she's normally a Juicey Couture velour sweats type).'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pants Pants Pants