Tuesday 5 April 2011

Logitech Headset - logitech headset, skype


I have owned four of these and none of them lasted more than 6 months. The left earphone on each of them started malfunctioning and eventually died. The mic also died on two. A very common complaint for this model and several others made by Logitech. (see other reviews on Amazon and the Logitech homepage)



This is very unfortunate since this headset fit me well and the mic was good... while it lasted, of course.



This headset comes with a 2 year warranty, but don't bother trying to get a replacment from Logitech. I have sent 2 emails to support and I've been waiting on a response for nearly 2 weeks now. The only response I got was an automated one that said my email had been received and I should expect a response within one business day. I have come to the conclusion that they either don't have anybody working there or my emails were sent directly to the recycle bin. Logitech won't respond when you need support, but they will definitely take your money!



If you enjoy spending money on a new headset every few months, purchase a Logitech one. As I said, I like this particular model, but I highly reccomend giving your money to another company. Logitech ClearChat Style Headset

I had an old USB headset that was much more expensive. I didn't want to use yet another USB port or get yet another USB hub so I found this headset and based on the reviews bought it to talk via Skype, ICQ, MSN, etc. primarily with people in Russia and Estonia. It attaches to the sound card on your PC.(I did have to disconnect the speakers to attach it so it's one or the other) The first time I used it, I was surprised to find that the sound quality was as good as my internet phone which is as good as, if not better, than a land line. Subsequent conversations were less successful which may have been more a function of bandwidth and packet delivery than the Headset. It is relatively comfortable and easy to use and when I recorded a conversation on Skype, I listened to my own voice and found the quality very good insofar as I can tell how I sound.



The price is right and with Amazon's great free shipping, I bought it from Amazon where because of the free two day shipping plan I have, I buy as much as possible(no. I am not affiliated with Amazon).

Clarity of conversation is excellent. Headphones are comfortable yet provide somewhat of a challenge for those of us with smaller heads. However, if you stay positioned and do not make many moves this is not a problem. I would like to see some type of headset adjustment in future models.

This headset is very light and comfortable, provides great sound quality, and is relatively cheap. Great for long hours of gaming, voice chatting, or just listening to music. Comes with come cool color plates that you can interchange to your likes. One of the best features is that it has a built in mic on/off switch along with a volume control right on the cable for easy access. I would highly recommend this headset to anybody!

It is a headset, so first and foremost, it must be worn on your head and this is where this headset fails. It is sized for a child, perhaps, but no normal adult will find it comfortable to wear for any period of time. The size is just too small and so it is too tight. I stretched mine out a bit, but by the end of the day, it is pinching again. Also, the gap for the top of your ear is very small and it starts to pinch there too, that is, if you can wear it long enough for it to start hurting your ears. I had a product very similar to this one (Logitech 981-000074 880 PC Headset) and it was much more comfortable. The mic broke and so I figured I'd get another model. This one looks like the next logical step. It is a step, a step backwards. The sound quality is good, but that all seems secondary to the fact that it is too uncomfortable to wear for any period of time. I would not recommend this product.

Very disappointed in this product. Within 30 days my microphone stopped working for online chat. within another 30 days the sound in the headset portion of this product stopped working on the left earphone. Now at another 30 days I still have to jiggle the wires to make any sound come out of these headsets. This is not the first time I've experienced this with these types of headsets, I've come to believe that they are made to fail within 60-90 days. Can anyone refer a product that works for more than 30 days? Thank you. A very unsatisfied Logitech customer.

I have owned several of these items over the past year. They are lightweight, reasonably comfortable, appropriate to the task (i.e. chatting/ calling/ listening from a computer), and inexpensive. They can be kept on for multiple hours on a row - although they are not suitable for use non-stop everyday all day. They also have another important attribute: they fit a child's head. My children, age 5 and 12, can use them comfortably to watch a movie in the car on a laptop, call friends on Skype etc. When listening to music, they will not provide you with symphonic experience, but they are good enough to listen to Pandora as needed a few hours a day.



Where they fail is in robustness: 3 pairs have failed in our household in the past 18 months. Like all other behind-the-ear sets, they are flimsy and fragile. They break very easily, being sat on, falling on the ground, the wire being caught under your chair etc. On the other hand, I must have now owned more than 15 headsets, and these are no worse than the many other lightweight headsets I have owned- with one exception. I have found the Skype Everyman headset (available for a moderate $30) to be more robust, more comfortable, and with a better sound quality. On the other hand, the Everyman is not a behind-the-ear model, it is heavier and does not fit a child's head.



As the poor construction of this product is matched by that of every other behind-the-ear headset I have owned, I still recommend it, as long as the user understands that this is a consumable product that is unlikely to be long lasting. - Logitech - Headphones - Skype - Logitech Headset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information