Tuesday 5 April 2011

Garden Sculptures - gnome, statues


Q. What is wanted?

A. Something to impress my neighbors.



Q. Has it a name?

A. It has.



Q. Will you give it to me?

A. I will, through this review.



I inherited this Mooning Garden Gnome from a special relative of mine. It was originally named "Brigham", but after receiving this endowment I decided to give it a new name -- "Tommy". Tommy likes to share (or should I say bare) his message to all those who seek further light and knowledge at my front door. Tommy does this by removing his magic pantaloons and showing his inner, vertical smile. Tommy reveals this message to all regardless if one is seeking it or not. His revelations aren't always welcome though. However, Tommy doesn't go door to door, intruding on other people's time to share his message. Besides, who wouldn't like his message? It's so white and delightsome.



I initially wanted to give Tommy 5 out of 5 stars on this review. However, Tommy is a little temperamental. I keep catching him getting into fights with my Saint Joseph Home Seller Statue Kit. I know Tommy thinks his message is the best yet I wish he would show a little more tolerance for mindless pieces of plastic with different beliefs. My yard would be more peaceful. Mooning Garden Gnome

I call him "Mooney" I have a very nosy neighbor that looks over here all the time and wants to get his nose in my business. I pointed the largest part of the statue towards his house. I think he now gets the hint! I just wish he was as large as a pink flamingo or something. Dollar General Rocks when you have a nosy neighbor also..keeping it real and tacky..:} recommended!!!

I have gnomes lots and lots of gnomes. How it started I dont really know, but I just keep getting them. I got the mooning gnome as a christmas gift and it is my least favorite. It is smaller than the standard gnome and made of plastic. I live in Vegas and after two summers my gnome lost all color and turned a grayish black color. You get what you pay for and as a gag this is kind of fun but to a gnome collector it cheapens your yard.

I bought this gnome to add to my garden with several other gnomes as it is the perfect size, about 8-9 inches tall. I ended up painting it to my college colors and tho where I pruchased it had fast shipping, I found the same gnome at another site for about half the price. I cant complain since I didnt look around first, but I will next time.

This was a gift for my Uncle. He loves Gnomes, and i thought this would be the best gift for him. I didn't read the reviews before i bought him, but after i did i read them and they say that he is no bigger then their hands well they must have some huge hands then. because it is a great size. i wish it would say that it was plastic though. and i hope that it doesn't turn grey like others are saying. other then that it's a great gift. very cute.

Sure it is a plastic gnome that looks exactly like it does in the picture, probably over priced for a hollow plastic moulded item. but it made our friends laugh and that is what we wanted it for. Will it end up as a classic piece on the Antiques Roadshow, NO, but who cares.

To be honest, it was the Amazon review that said something like "for the serious collector, this is a bit tacky" that I found so compelling. I wanted to order 10 of them and place them strategically on my property. Everyone who has looked at this gnome has laughed. Apparently, there are other people with similar neighbors. Now I suppose I am a collector, with two gnomes - both a bit oddball. They make me smile when I look at them

This lawn gnome has really brightened up our house and our dispositions!! It is probably the best gift I have ever given. Lolz. :) Bertrim, as we named him, really adds a lot to the conversation. He has a great personality :) and a witty sense of humor ;). By the way, he's quite the chatterbox. Jk, jk, lol. Lbhh, Bertrim doesn't actually speak, lol, but he really gives us something to talk about. LMAO!!!

I bought this gnome for my college housing and had a couple of issues with it. First, it's made out of a rubbery material, not resin or ceramic like most gnomes. Second, my gnome would always be arranged with another gnome standing behind him. This quickly changed the perception of my gnomes from fun and whimsical to dark and sordid. This is pretty much a low quality gag gift which shouldn't be bought for any serious gnome fun. - Lawn - Gnome - Statues'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Garden Sculptures - gnome, statues gnome Garden Sculptures - gnome, statues