Tuesday 5 April 2011

Antenna Mount - tv antenna, outdoor antenna


This purchase was part of a project to save money on cable company bills, which previously were adding up to almost $150/month for internet service, cable programming and converter box. The solution gives me high-definition TV for over $100/month less. I ordered the Antennas Direct CLEARSTREAM4 Antenna and the 75 Cm J-mount/mast to attach the antenna to my roof eave. I used 50 feet of 75-ohm tv cabling to run the signal to my TiVo TCD652160 HD Digital Video Recorder and I was in business. I quit using the converter box and cable tv programming (keeping only high speed internet service) and signed up with TiVO and Netflix at much more reasonable monthly rates.



The Clearstream 4 antenna assembled without major hassles. The illustrations provided were more helpful than the written directions, but in the end it will go together only one way. The antenna itself is made of lightweight but well-engineered materials and it has not shown any problems in the strong local winds common in this area. The television stations in my area use mountaintop transmitters to send their signals. I went online to [...], plugged in my address, and was provided with a map showing the directions from my house to the various transmitters. The Clearstream4 antenna has a wide signal reception range, so I found that turning the antenna to an azimuth of about 300 degrees (NNW direction) worked very well and I was able to get clear signals of all the local stations. The antenna mounted securely to the 75-cm J-mount mast with a couple of U-bolt assemblies provided with the antenna. The mast was attached to the roof with 5/16" carriage bolts. I attached it near the eave line of my house so that the mounting holes were drilled under the eave and not into the interior of the house, but the bolts and holes were caulked with roofing compound for weather protection. I attached the curved, J-portion of the mast down, closest to the mounting plate at the roof, although it appears you can mount it in whichever manner that works for the roofline slope or mounting location. I ran the antenna cable down the side of the house, into a vent space at the foundation and then through the crawl space of the house to the location of my home entertainment center. I now receive over a dozen broadcast channels OTA (over the air), most in high-definition. There are a few cable shows I miss having, but for $100/month, I'm coping. By the way, I ordered the 75 Cm J-mount/mast, Antennas Direct CLEARSTREAM4 Antenna and TiVo TCD652160 HD Digital Video Recorder through Amazon. The prices were competitive, products received were as-described, and everything arrived on time and in good condition. Antennas Direct 30 Inch Universal J-Mount for Antenna Mounting STM-715

The product's construction is very sturdy, and fairly easy to assemble (although I agree the instructions leave something to be desired -- however it is easy enough). The mount is flexible and adjustable for a large variety of installation configurations.

One strange thing is that the mount comings with 4 expansion bolts to attach it to the wall. These kinds of bolts are great for concrete or brick walls (you must first drill a hole in the concrete/brick wall), but they are completely useless for using in wood, which is what I image most people actually want to attach it to! If you plan to attach it to wood, you will need to purchase 4 wood screws separately. While strange, this is hardly a big deal.

If you got a Antennas Direct's DB series antenna then you are probably looking for a stand for it, which is why you are here. This is a 30" (model # STM-715) j-mount design to bolt to some hard surface or structure. Included are expansion bolts, but you can use your own screws if you need to attach it to something else. I wished the base was a little bigger to be stabler, but it was engineered to hold up my DB4 antenna just fine. Just don't bump it or it will tip over. Go to antenna direct if you want to see better pictures. If you got a Clearstream model then you might have to look at the CJ mount.

This is a good product but how ever I didn't really need it. Turns out the outdoor AIR ANTENNA I purchased from Amazon got such great TV reception in HD that I no longer needed satellite or cable service. I removed the satellite dish and replaced the dish with the new air antenna. The j mount that came with the dish was the same size as the one I purchased and since it was already installed I simply used the satellite dish mount instead.

Originally we subscribed to satellite because the reception we where getting in analog was crappy but since the new digital air in HDTV went into effect I discovered that the picture quality was awesome, better than satellite or cable and the TV doesn't loose reception on thick cloudy days. We were paying $97.00 a month for basic satellite service every month with Direct TV. With the Air antenna we are getting TV stations we never gotten with satellite service including a local sports and weather channel I never new existed. We are canceling our Direct TV subscription and replacing it with FREE Air service.

We also purchased from Amazon the Channel Master DVR so we don't miss a thing. It works just like the DVR we were renting from Direct TV only we pay nothing, no subscription or any hidden fees. I love it, we are back to the basics and loosing very little. - Outdoor Antenna - Hdtv Antenna - Antenna - Tv Antenna'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Antenna Mount - tv antenna, outdoor antenna tv antenna Antenna Mount - tv antenna, outdoor antenna