Sunday 27 March 2011

Windows Xp - laptop, cam


I had this sent to my sister, 800 miles away, to install on my mother's computer so we could set her up with Skype. I wanted something very easy to install and operate and it was a piece of cake. Everyone is impressed with the picture quality. Logitech Webcam C500 with 1.3MP Video and Built-in Microphone [Retail Packaging]

I bought this webcam to keep in visual contact with my daughter who goes to college in Scotland. The picture quality is fantastic and so is the sound. I am going to buy a 2nd one to install on the 2nd PC we have in our house.

I bought four of these for family members as christmas gifts. They have good (not excellent) quality video and sound for skype calls. There is certainly a difference between these and the camera that's built into my laptop. They are much better! As others have said, you do not need to use the included software, just plug in and start calling. If you're looking for a decent quality webcam at an affordable price this one should suite you just fine.

The last cam I had was a Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX which I had bought a couple years ago for fifty dollars. I was never all that impressed with it but it did what I needed it to do so I decided to stick with it. Unfortunately the mic had recently gotten really distorted with static so I figured it was time for a new one. After reading a number of reviews for different cams, I decided to stick with Logitech and so I went to their website and was pleasantly surprised that they had a compare option right there so that I could more easily find the webcam that is best for me. They even had my previous model there (which was at that time my current model) so I quickly got busy comparing all the models in my price range to the one I had. It was no contest. The C500 had a long list of checked boxes where my (then) current webcam had very few. Something bothered me, though. My then current model was still fifty bucks, the exact same price as the C500. Why is that? Wouldn't the old model have gone down in price? Or wouldn't a good new model be more? I decided to hold off until the price dropped and, convenient enough, it did just two days later. It was on sale at Best Buy for 39.99 and that was my calling. Well to get to the review, the picture quality is far superior to that of my old cam, this one with higher resolutions, widescreen support and dozens of cool video effects. The mic is wonderful and has with it a background noise suppressor so the person you're talking to can only hear the sounds you want them to. I can't say this cam is better than Logitech's more expensive counterparts (I'm sure not) but what I can say is that for what it cost me, it's totally worth it. Even the fifty would have been a fair price. - Skype - Windows Xp - Laptop - Cam'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


laptop Windows Xp - laptop, cam