Sunday 27 March 2011

Crib Mattress Pad - mattress pad, mattress cover


I bought this as a backup pad, and it has been both good and bad. The pad came out of the packaging smelling strongly of plastic, and the smell only faded slightly after being washed. I am a bit uncomfortable with my son breathing in these fumes all the time, which is why my daily mattress pad is organic without any plastics or vinyls. However, I needed a less expensive pad for temporary use for when I am washing the organic pad, and this one has served its purpose very well. For people who do not mind plastics, this fits the mattress well, seems to wear and wash well, and thus far, has protected the mattress from spit-up and poo (so it does its job!) Overall, I believe this product has lived up to my expectations for it, and I would recommend it to others.

I love this crib mattress pad because the vinyl underneath the quilted part keeps my expensive mattress safe from leaks and stinky stains. Of course the vinyl is going to smell before you wash it because it came from the manufacturer that way. After you wash it though, line dry it after you peel apart the vinyl(the hot or warm water will make it stick together a little-not permanent but from the constant swishing motion and heat), it will fit a lot better on the mattress too! Slight shrinkage from the dryer even on low and if you line dry it will keep the quilted part from pilling and probably prolong the use and quality of the product. Will definitely buy another for her cradle and changing pad. I hope that this helped anyone looking to buy a great quality crib mattress protector. : )

We bought 2 of these so we could have a spare to switch off while the other is in the wash. So far from all of the spit up and pee pee accidents in the past 4 weeks, we still have not had to change it yet. It stays clean and dry. I didn't notice any strong odors when I pulled it out of the packaging and I have a very sensitive sense of smell. It is soft and works like it should. Glad we don't have to constantly change it, we just change the bed sheet when he soils it.

I got one of these and a circo brand fitted mattress pad when my first was born. This was my least favorite. It shrunk the first wash and continued to shrink. It worked ok for the first couple years in the crib and then on the toddler bed. I liked the target one better. However with my second child I purchased the target one again and it is not as good as the one from 2006. Now I have the "Carters keep my dry fitted crib pad." It is by far the best out of the three I've had. I strongly recommend that one. It doesn't shrink at all and holds up well to frequent washings. This Sealy one is more expensive and not as well made.

I bought two of these for our newborn and tested them out on our 18-month-old. They're incredibly absorbent and absolutely wick all moisture away from the mattress.



My only suggestion is not to dry, but instead to air dry.

I bought this when my 2 year old was born, and I've purchased it again for my twins - giving us a total of 6 (we want back-ups). The padding isn't the thickest, it probably shouldn't be anyway, but it does provide a little bit of cushion for the boys. It fits very snugly over the crib/toddler mattresses - as it should. I change the twins' sheets if they spit up, and thus far the pad has released any potential stains. Out of the six we have received, none of them have arrived with any sort of strong odor, and none of them have shrunk when washed and dried in the washer and dryer. I highly recommend. I don't believe there's much better out there for the same amount of money.

I have two of these,one for each child. When I just started looking for crib pads, I didn't understand why I even need one - the mattress has a plastic cover on it as it is, so the mattress will never be ruined. So, I use the pad not to protect the mattress, but to make it a little softer - I didn't want my babies to lay on the plastic mattress cover with just a sheet over it. I wanted them to be comfortable and cozy, and this mattress pad did the job! I also wash it every time the baby soils the sheets - after all, the pad absorbs everything thrown on it, and would you want to sleep on something like that? I would highly recommend this product if you want to make your baby more comfortable in the crib.

I think this is a great value and does the job well. It has just the right amount of padding yet isn't too bulky. The waterproof aspect has already been tested (unfortunately!!) and it is definitely waterproof. But, a word of caution: be gentle with the skirt (the fitted part). I was putting mine on for the second time and it ripped. Thanks to Amazon's awesome return policy, I was able to get a free replacement, without any hassles. The replacement has held up well, but I am still careful not to tug too hard on it when I'm putting it on the mattress. It still is higher quality than my first crib mattress pad, which had a skirt of less flexible material. It did not stretch at all and subsequently gave out quickly. This one is much better. - Baby - Mattress Pads - Mattress Cover - Mattress Pad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information