Sunday 27 March 2011

Screen Protectors - motorola xoom screen protector, android tablet


Purchased this item to go on my Xoom. This was my second Steinheil screen protector. I purchased the crystal clear unit and returned it for the same reason I returned this one.



No instructions in packaging, video on website is lacking at best. I took every precaution as listed on the install instruction but had many many bubbles that I could not squeegee out. Returned the item. SGP Motorola Xoom Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Crystal]

So I just received mines from OnTrac and I prepared myself to spend at least 30 mins getting it right. But the fortunate part about that is it took only 5 minutes.



There are not directions so I'll do what I can to write you all some.



Besure to wipe every smudge and every dust particle.



When you pull it out, you'll see that there are two stickers. One that says back and one that says front.



Now think of this as a person for a quick second.



The front will be considered a persons belly.



the back will be considered their back side.



Now with the front, you want to facing up as if your seeing the belly and the back should be facing the screen.



Now with the two back stickers, you want to evenly flip then downward about 2 inches.Now with the revealed 2 inches shown, you want to place it on the Motorola Screen up towards the front camera.



With it placed you want to slowly move the Back stickers downward towards the bottom.



Once you get about half ways, you should see the screen start to blend itself to the screen. Now with the rubber squeegee, you want to rub down from left to right and smooth out the bubbles or just blend in the protector to the screen. It's ok to be rough and hard on it to ensure it stays because the front part hasn't been removed yet.



So continue moving down the back stickers all the while smoothing out the bubble and screen. Now when it is about a inch away, it might just smooth itself out but be sure to be fast enough to catch any bubbles before they get locked in. Meaning make sure you can smooth out the bubbles in an opening before you seal the screen with the squeegee.



Now with the Front still on, and with no bubbles showing, Just squeegee like you never squeegeed before to ensure that all of the screen protector is air tight and if you see any bubble, then it might be due to a dust particle. Learn to live with it if you can removed the air bubble.



Once you are satisfied with the squeegee process removed the belly side of the front and then use the cloth they gave you and wipe as if you are polishing a car but in a side to side motion so your fingers don't feel so clammy while moving on the screen. That effect will give you more of a non sticky feeling and will glide more seamlessly.



Also the film isn't sticky, it just sorta feels that way since its brand now.



Hope this helps and I do believe this has been a good buy for me and now it should be fore you.

I had expected there to be more than 1 screen in the package (as they do with the cell phone screens), but for this big, expensive screen protector there is only one. To get around this limitation, Steinheil has instituted a no returns policy, so you've got to be a screen protector black-belt to get it applied correctly.



I managed to get mine applied with only 2 bubbles on the edges (brown-belt?), and I put that fancy gold sticker Steinheil included over one of them. So far, I've been pleased with the protector. The Ultra Crystal is very clear and it's hard enough that you can drag over long distances easily (I'm using it on a Xoom tablet).



It's a shame they don't just put an extra screen in the package, as I would imagine that this is an absurdly high-margin item.

So after spending $20 for a zagg cover at best buy for my xoom I was very dissapointed with the look and feel of that product. However I knew I did not want any texture on my screen (like the zagg had) and I wanted as little interference as possible between myself and the screen. I figured the matte cover would not be ideal for me so I settled on steinheil ultra crystal because it didn't interfere with the screen brightness and it had no matte texture. I knew installation could get tricky since that's what many of the reviews said and they were right. It was mostly my fault since the tablet slipped from my hands and fell into a pile of clothes while I was trying to get a dust removal sticker. But with some patience I was able to remove all the lint. The screen itself amazingly eliminated most of the bubbles and any straglers were easily removed with the squeegie. What Im left with is a gorgeous screen that resists fingerprints and makes the xoom screen feel more vivid. Best of all my fingers glide on it and I love swiping and tapping the touch screen now. So even though it is a little more expensive, all my screen protectors will be made by Steinheil.

I just finished installing this on my Xoom, and as a longtime Steinheil screen shield user, I was very pleased with the outcome.



However, I must say you need to get the gaps almost perfect, around 1mm around the perimeter, for this to fit right and all the air bubbles to be released.



It took me about 4-5 times to get this thing perfect, but now it's a beauty.



I'd highly recommend this product, as I use Steinheil for all my phones.



Be patient and take your time when installing, the resulting outcome will be great. - Motorola Xoom Screen Protector - Android - Xoom Accessories - Android Tablet'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screen Protectors - motorola xoom screen protector, android tablet motorola xoom screen protector Screen Protectors - motorola xoom screen protector, android tablet