Sunday 27 March 2011

Chicago Cutlery - cutlery, knife set with block


Well after searching and searching, reading review and reading reviews I decided on this set. I ordered them from [...] at first and then found them cheaper $[...] shipped at [...] so I canceled and ordered from them. Received the set and right away I knew I was going to love these knifes. Well balanced, well weighted, and feel great in hand. I was a little worried that the poly grip handles were going to be squishy but they are not at all. Just a very slight give and feels soft to the touch. I actually really like the poly grip handles. The steak knife handles are a little thin but still work great. The blades are nice and strong and sharp right out of the box. Spend a few seconds on each one with the included sharpening Steel and they just get shaper. There is only ONE thing that is somewhat bothering to me and most would laugh about this but when you place all the knifes in the storage block they don't line up perfect like the picture shows. After trying to rearrange the knifes you just can't get them to line up. This has nothing to do with the quality of the knifes and with me being extremely hard to please. This only bothered me for 5 minutes and I decided this set is WAY to nice especially for the price to let this bother me. They kind of make a rainbow shape when placed in the storage block so it looks ok. Like I said I am hard to please when it comes to quality of a product and this set pleases me. I have looked at many sets before purchasing this set and for only $129.95 I truly believe you will NOT find a better set. Maybe even for more money. I highly recommend you give them a try. ChicagoCutlery Fusion 18-Piece Set including Honey Maple Wood Block

Can't really go wrong with this (made in China) set. For the price, that is.



These are heavy, well balanced, forged knives, blades made of rust-resistant, reasonably good quality high-carbon stainless steel. On the box it says that they are 'fusion forged' but I have no idea what that means. The specialized knives come with a black polymer, 'non slip' soft grip. The stake knives have stainless steel handles.



The Santoku and Partoku knives come with oval indents that are meant to allow food to release from the blade. All knives feature forged bolsters for better balance and to keep fingers from running up on the blade.



You get the following knives:



- 7.75" chef knife

- 7" Santoku (slice, dice, chop and mince)

- 8" Slicer

- 3.5" Parer

- 3" Peeler

- 7.75" Bread

- 5" Partoku (smaller than the Santoku, combines the convenience of a paring knife with the versatility of the Santoku)

- 5" Utility

- 4.25" Steak (8 of these)



And, of course, there is the sharpening tool.



While clearly not 'high end', and no one should expect 'chef' knives at this price, they appear to be durable. The block is solid, heavy wood and there is also a sharpener. And this set comes with some of the sharpest steak knives I've seen. The only issue I have but it's no big deal, really, is that the handles tend to be a little small.



________________________________________________



Note:



Be aware that this set does not necessarily come with Omaha Stakes coupons. Mine didn't and I didn't expect one. I mention this because at least one review mentions an $80 coupon.

I purchased these knives a couple of months ago after reading all kinds of knife set reviews from every site I could find. These are real nice and sharp! I especially like the santoku knives. They cut and chop tomatoes and onions awesomely. I wasn't too sure about the steak knives as they looked thin compared to the last set of steak knives I had, but after I used them they're are even better! As one reviewer said the larger knives do not line up when sitting in the knife block, but a small thing. They are still a really nice looking set. My son use to work as a chef in a large restaurant and he loved these knives. They are well made and I haven't experienced any rust. They sit in you hand perfectly. I do not put them in the dishwasher as I want them to last. If you want a nice set of knives without the high price, these are for you.

I got these knives on a gold box deal for 130 delivered (w/amazon prime).



They are very nice, sharp as all get out, and come with a nice bamboo butcher block storage. The freebie ($85 mail-in for Omaha steaks) is sweet. Oh, and they have a life-time guarantee, which is also sweet.



This is not my first knife set and these far and away are superior to the other set I have had for years. I'm pretty sure these will last me for as long as I'll need a sharp knife in the kitchen.

I ordered these to replace some old cheap knives we had from about 10 years ago that were falling apart (rivets popping out and spots/stains). My wife was immediately impressed with them and used them right away. They are a keeper and she will not think of using anything else. They are very well balanced (in her words) and best of all you can sharpen the knives. It's really easy to do but they come sharpened and ready to go right out of the box. I don't have any complaints with them but she had a slight issue with the block. A few of the knives don't perfectly line up with the others but once you use them that can easily be overlooked. We are giving them 5 stars.

This is a really nice set of knives for the money. I just love them. I got them because my sister in law has had a set for over 20 years and they are still in great shape. You can't go wrong with this set.

My husband and I have been very pleased with these knives. They've made life in the kitchen much easier, we threw away all of our other knives. But be careful...my husband has already cut himself twice just picking them up!

I have had this set of knives for over a year now and still love them. I use them several times each week for making meals and they have stayed quite sharp. It only takes a few seconds and a few swipes along the sharpening blade every time I pull a knife out of the block, and I can cut through a potato as easily as I can cut through butter. I too use the santoku knife more than the others as it is a great size and feels very well-balanced for slicing and chopping. Having previously used cheaper knives, I wanted to see if it really was worth the money to buy a set like this. I can say without a doubt that this has been an excellent investment and I highly reccommend this set of knives. - Cutlery - Knife Set With Block - Knife - Chicago Cutlery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Chicago Cutlery - cutlery, knife set with block knife set with block Chicago Cutlery - cutlery, knife set with block