Wednesday 23 March 2011

Playstation 3 - playstation 3, action


I've beaten this game four times, thus I've played using all four characters, including one with normal difficulty level. I am currently playing the fifth time on hard difficulty level. Maybe it deserves a new review.



New game play experience:

1. I find background music helps the game be more engaging.

2. Each character has its own pros and cons, thus you need to understand them by trial and error, and develop different gameplay strategy.

3. Overall, when dealing with your enemies, you are "hit and run". The more difficult the game level, the more running you will do.

4. There are different defensive choices, but I find myself using the hp regen all the time, so don't waste your upgrade on any other defensive strategies.

5. Regular blocking is good enough even at hard difficulty level, so no need to have those fancy defensive moves, save your upgrade for offensive moves.

6. Since you must have companion, you can experiment on your companions with different upgrade, thus find the optimal combination before you choose that character.



Still very annoying features:

1. With exception of the very last merchant, you get powerful weapons by killing your enemies than from buying them. I only buy rings from merchants.

2. Non-boss enemies and chests are dropping useless weapons. Good for selling them for trophy or achievement.

3. The game is still way too short compare to similar games like God of Wars or Diablo.

4. Hate to repeat this, but this is the most annoying part, even with powerful weapon, I am still doing rolling and running. That's the theme, and that's the only moves you will ever do in this game.



Sorry, still three stars. Dungeon Siege III

The first time I put the game in my husband kept asking me if I liked it or not, and I kept saying, "I don't know..." But I kept on playing it. I can't put my finger on it but I'm not "in love" with the game yet I keep going back to it. Sometimes we get a game that's gorgeous, addictive, and makes us think, yeah these guys get gamers! Sometimes we get a game that is so well-designed and developed that it changes our lives. Sometimes we get a game like this: it's not perfect or ground-breaking but it's simplified enough to be fun on the first play and that says a lot, especially when most games I buy tend to have 30 minutes worth of back story and an unnecessary system of tutorials before I can really sink my teeth into them or unlock all the cool stuff (Crysis2, MGS4, LOS, FF!!!) Sometimes I just want to play! And playing this game is smooth... (except that I died every battle the first few hours on hardcore). I get quite a few nifty attacks/spells to start, there are no ridiculous load times, no lag when moving around, dialog is quick. But it definitely grows on you the more you play: the story/setting, the characters, the combat system... Like everything Square Enix does, it's kinda cute. I enjoy the steampunk alternate reality flavor. Combat is awesome once you understand the basic rules. Button-mashing isn't going to work every time in this game, and I'm glad because I'd hate to do that to my $60 controller. Anyway, I was looking for an RPG with a little more hacking and a little less drama/politics/schmoozing after beating Dragon Age 2 5 times (huge disappointment, finally had to retire that game) and while waiting for Skyrim (hopefully one of said life-changing games) to come out, and Dungeon Siege 3 seems to satisfy my evil-doer-slaying urges quite well for now. On any console or even PC, every single RPG title isn't phenomenal, sometimes we get games that are cool, all right or even some that we downright love to hate, but if you like RPG's, you have a PS3, you like killing bad guys and you like fantasy settings you WILL like this game. I imagine it will be fun online once everyone has leveled all of the 4 playable characters... But I don't play online so that doesn't matter. Jump-in co-op is pretty sweet though and how many RPG's on PS3 have that option? Exactly. Reviews for it have been harsh, so harsh in fact that I was afraid to pre-order, but I'm glad I did. I'd say I got what I wanted. I don't think about this game when I go to sleep at night but that's a good thing. Besides, sometimes it's fun not being on the bandwagon. I have a lot of games that got really high scores that I never play... Heavy Rain WTFrak?!!! Overall, it's certainly not a "rental" and I would NOT sell it or even let anyone borrow it at this time. I think that says something...

Local Co-Op mode (which is why I bought it) ties you into a top-down camera angle that makes the gameplay very frustrating. I'm a pretty hard-core RPG Co-Op gamer. My husband and I play marathons whenever we find reasonably worthy co-op games we can play together. We were very excited about this, but it feels like you are walking around in a world where your head is permanently bent down at a 60-degree angle. A less than stellar map feature makes it hard enough without being unable to see ahead more than about 20 feet. Plus you are zoomed out far enough that you never really get to see your character, your partner or any of the cool gear you are dawning. It's a little like the old Diablo days - where you find your character in a battle by the color of the battle circle around it's feet. Plus - the voicing is horrible. The main game characters are fairly badly acted, but the worst part is that Anjali (who I played) is COMPUTER VOICED. I've been having to pretend in my mind that she's an android so that it bugs me less to hear hear computer inflections when talking to the other characters. It's horrible.



A few things make the game kinda fun & novel. And I'm compulsive about games so I know I'll finish it. But geeeezzze! If you get it - start with low expectations and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. Just don't by the hype that it's going to be the next best local co-op game to play with your friends, cuz you'll be disappointed. - Playstation 3 - Ps3 Games - Action - Rpg'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Playstation 3 - playstation 3, action ps3 games Playstation 3 - playstation 3, action