Wednesday 23 March 2011

Exercise - exercise, portable elliptical trainer


This is not a great eliptical machine. I was looking for a mini-eliptical to keep in my living room. The product is mini- and easy enough to put together (so says my hubby) but the actual machine works more like a stairstepper than an eliptical. I can only work out on it like 5 mins before my thighs are on fire. This was not a good buy for me. It's also slightly awkward. you have to step down on your heal to make it go around forward, when a normal eliptical will work better by pushing with your toes (I hope that makes sense) which is what makes this more like a stairstepper.



Anyway - if you're looking for a mini-eliptical - keep looking. This is not it! Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Elliptical Trainer with Handlebar

This is not the quality I expected it to be. It is fairly flimsy but I do use it. I do not recommend it for use by anyone over 140 lbs. It probably could not handle the weight of a larger person. I do wish I had the space for a larger elliptical so if space is an issue for someone and they are not a large person, I do recommend this product.

I ordered this product because the Denise Austin dual action mini stepper I bought in September 2008 broke down on January 29, 2009. The strap acting as a pulley broke away from the fly wheel.



Anyway, the mini elliptical was difficult to assemble because I had difficulty unscrewing the screws attached to the area where the plastic foot pedals go. I succeeded in unscrewing 3 of the screws. A plus is that even with one screw holding the foot pedal down, the foot pedal is still firmly secure. The one with one screw holding the pedal down does not move at all. It is as though both screws are holding the pedal down. I find this machine to be a big improvement over the mini stepper: I get winded and I am sweating after 5 minutes (medium resistance).



I am just hoping that this machine doesn't break down after only 4 months of six days a week use.



Well, here it is January 1, 2010. And, the screws holding the footpads on the handles that turn came off again after I had glued them back on in December 2009.



It didn't take four months; it was more like 11. I expected it to last at least two years.



I just ordered the Creative Fitness Rug Runner instead of the Firm Wave (it got a few bad reviews) and instead of the T-Bow to replace this mini elliptical only because there don't seem to be any moving parts to wear out. The Rug Runner was cheaper than the T-Bow. Let's see how long the Rug Runner lasts.

After searching everywhere and finally finding someone who would ship to Alaska, I am extremely impressed with this machine! Amazon is awesome to ship for free! Sunny is fantastic for creating something that gives a good workout, doesn't take up any space and is smooth during use. Very easy assembly too. I hope to get good use out of it and that it can handle the task! - Exercise - Portable Elliptical Trainer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information