Wednesday 23 March 2011

Desk Accessories - desk accessories, charger


Its cute but you need to get a power cord to go with it, and you will probably want one that is a surge suppressor. The problem is, most of those are just slightly too long to fit in this! I found this one on Amazon that is inexpensive and short enough; you will probably want to buy it at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/Inland-3883-6-Outlet-1-Mode-SurgeGuard/dp/B0009RKAVI/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1280197911&sr=8-27 Kikkerland OR08-W Grass Charging Station, White

I had been considering buying this since I saw it on ThinkGeek. I love the look and concept, its elegant and simple. Then I realized there was no plug included. Paying 25 dollars for a white box with artificial grass is a bad buy. Supply the user with a built in 3-5 ac or usb hub at the bottom and I would happily spend double the asking price. Why buy something that will only work if you purchase another... seems backward.

Maybe I had grand ideas for what this "charging station" was going to be. Don't get me wrong, it is cute and funky, but it's definitely no more high tech than, literally, a plastic box with fake grass. The grass sits atop a grid that allows you to store and neatly keep the actual chargers for your various items beneath it. The white plastic box then just has a hole in the back that you have to feed a power cord (not included) through. Please note that you will need to buy a power cord separately. In order to charge your device and rest it in the grass, you have to poke your charger through the fake grass and connect.



I am not unhappy with this because I still think that it's a fun desk piece; I just don't know if it was worth the price because it's extremely rudimentary. I cannot imagine that this cost more than 10 cents to make, but you're paying for the ingenuity I suppose. I would give it higher stars if it came with the electric plug in the bottom to plug all of your device chargers into.

I really liked that this was/is different than all the other charging stations out there. Definitely not an eye sore like the other ones on the market. Problem is, just like a another person said "it's a plastic box, with plastic grass". You have to buy a surge protector in order to hook up all your chargers and reduce the clutter. As for the actual craftsmanship; deifnitely not worth the thirty bucks I paid. I think with some glue and a trip to the local craft store I could make something much better. And so could you.

Very effective and versatile charging station. I tried three other devices with little cradles or places to put charging devices and was constantly frustrated with the lack of flexibility and how sloppy they looked because you still had cords dangling out of the thing.



I used a basic extension cord that has 3 plugs on it from my local hardware store that cost about $3. I added two multiplug adapters giving me more plug spaces. The device has a versatile, cavernous space in the bottom to accommodate all the adapters. It's much simpler than using a powerstrip. If you prefer a power strip, you need a relatively short one.



The only criticism is I would prefer a base that was a little heavier and more robust. Maybe a little texture to it rather than the bland plastic finish. - Charger - Iphone - Desk Accessories - Grass'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Desk Accessories - desk accessories, charger charger Desk Accessories - desk accessories, charger