Wednesday 23 March 2011

Camera Hand Strap - strap, camera grip


I use my 30D very often. I never felt a need to buy the accessory battery grip, as it added weight, and made the package larger, while the standard battery offers plenty of capacity.



That changed when I used a 30D with the battery grip, and hand strap installed. You need the battery grip in order to mount the hand strap, and the difference in grip feel, and hand fatigue is incredible. With the grip/strap combo installed, I can "one hand" the camera in secure fashion all day long, and feel far more secure than with the standard body sporting a neck strap.



I resisted the additional size of the battery grip since day one, but since the hand strap will only work if the battery grip is installed, I bought it, and have no regrets. The combination is unbeatable for utility and comfort. Canon 2344A001 E1 Hand Strap for Eos Rebel Series

You can use this strap without having the battery grip attached by purchasing the Opteka hand grip since it includes a plate that screws to the bottom with a slot to thread the cord. This is what I have done as I prefer the Canon strap to the Opteka strap. Currently the Opteka strap on Amazon is only about $8, well worth it in my opinion to use this awesome strap instead when you don't need the battery grip.

I'm using the Canon 20D with the BG-E2 battery grip (a must in order to utilize this hand-strap) and this is a very nice accessory to have. It not only gives me a much better sense of security with my shooting, but it is very comfortable. Sometimes I use it as a padding for my palm instead of use it as a strap. It's just a GREAT product. Definitely suggest getting it if you have the BG-E2 (or any other) grip attached.

The strap is a good strap, it makes the camera handle a lot easier and feel more stable. It's tricky to figure out how to attach the strap to the camera. It requires the optional battery grip (which I have). I wrote Canon about attaching the strap, they told me to contact the retailer so I wrote Adorama Camera, they told me to contact Canon. I thought either should have helped me with this issue and was disappointed with both of their answers. I figured it out - I think - at least it's on there and feels secure. - Canon - Camera Grip - Photography - Strap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information