Wednesday 23 March 2011

Battery Operated Clock - aa battery, alarm clock


I had a travel alarm clock very similar to this one until it finally broke. I searched everywhere to find another one just like it. This small square clock (slightly over 2 inches tall) is unobtrusive. It fits easily into a suitcase. The alarm on/off button is conveniently located on top where it is easy to reach. If the alarm beep is ignored, it increases in loudness and frequency. The back dial lights up only when the corner button/snooze is pressed so there is no glow in the dark to disturb sleep. The second hand is so quiet that you can hear it only next to your ear. Simple and satisfying. Westclox Gen Quartz Travel Alarm (White)

This is the third travel alarm I have purchased in the past year. They say three times is the charm. Well in this case the saying is right. It has a button that lights up the face at night, the face is NOT back lit, so there is no light at night to bother me, the alarm starts off gently then gets louder and louder if you don't turn it off, and there is a snooze button. All this in one little bundle. Perfect!!!!

This was purchased for a trip to Scotland. I read the reviews of the black ones with the criticism of not being able to set the alarm time to within 15 minutes. I had no problems getting close to the time I wanted up; but, it is an analog clock and someone from a pure digital age would be frustrated not getting woke up at the precise minute they want. My alarm always went off to within 5 minutes of the time I wanted. My only complaint is the battery cover. I had to get my partner to get it open and put in the AA. I still can't figure out how to get it open. Oh, and yes, a white clock is easier to find on the night table than a black one.

I was looking to replace my travel alarm clock and decided to try this one. I like having a basic alarm clock that I can easily set by turning a dial. It may not be as accurate as a digital clock, but it makes up for it in how quickly it can be set. I've used it a few times at home and it has worked great. The alarm starts at a low volume and increases volume until you turn it off. It's not an obnoxious sound. My only small complaint is that the plastic feels a bit flimsy. I had trouble getting the back off to put in the battery and when I did, I felt that the back cover could easily break with very little pressure. But, the price is right, it works great and it will be easy to pack. I hope it lasts a long time.

Update 12-5-10 I've noticed that the price for this alarm clock keeps adjusting higher. It is not worth more than $10 to $11.00.

Great little clock. Hands are clearly visible in the dark; alarm can be set to within a minute of wake-up time; nice sounding alarm with snooze; face light easy to turn on/off, alarm very easy to turn on/off (just push up the top). Great design, works well, great price. Wish all things were as well designed, built and priced.

I use this alarm in everyday setting not just for traveling. Beeping alarm sounds with manual adjustment of alarm arm and the raise of a bar to activate it. The beeping sound starts off low then getting higher. It sounds normal and doesn't sound annoyingly loud nor has weird pitch.

Now if you like to hit snooze button a couple of times before you wake up then it can become a problem since once the alarm bar on top is pressed down then it's off forever. The snooze button is actually on the right corner of clock. Now this travel alarm is small (2x2x1.5inch)and you could imagine how small the snooze button could be. If you are a pretty cautious alarm hitter like me then it should works just fine.

One more, if your room is pitch black at night then there's little chance you could locate this guy instantly to tell time (even with its glow in the dark feature).

Overall it's a pretty well build battery operated alarm clock under $14 and am happy with the purchase.

Bought to replace ancient Braun which stills keeps time but no longer alarms. Its smaller than the Braun but alarm is loud, snoozes well, and alarm gets more insistent the longer you let it ring. This last is a good thing. And the alarm sounds nice to my ears, this is a very good thing. I destroyed a LLBean alarm clock I bought a original replacement for my Braun because the noise of the alarm drove me crazy when it went off. The alarm of this Westclox gets me up w/o getting me angry.



It is keeping good time and runs quiet. The small size was a bit of a surprise when it arrived but its been a boon as cats' tails miss sweeping it off the nitestand. Controls are simple and I like the location of the alarm-on-off switch. Light is quite brite and button for it doubles as snooze switch.



All in all I'm glad I found this clock.

The R&R Westclox travel clock is perfect in every way: quiet, lights up on request and the alarm is not overly annoying. I've had it's older and slightly larger brother for a good many years and purchased this as a gift for my mom. She loves it. - Alarm Clock - Aa Battery - Travel Alarm Clock - Analog Alarm Clock'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information