Wednesday 12 January 2011

Yoga - yoga accessories, exercise mats


This mat is beautiful and functional and came with the strap. You cannot beat it for the price! I LOVE IT!



The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is that it is slightly too thin for some people. I feel it is fine - but my friend has one and feels it could be ever so slightly thicker when she's rolling up or down in pilates. Altus Athletic Altus Flower with Carry Strap Yoga Mat

I bought this product based on the rave reviews it got on Amazon and elsewhere, but I've been extremely unsatisfied with my purchase. The yoga mat is too slippery--I can't do many of the poses without wearing gloves so that my hands won't slip. It's also rather thin, but I expected that. I thought the picture was a bit misleading--the flowers aren't as big as they are in the picture and the colors don't blend together as well either--it looks like someone just spray painted blue streaks on a green mat (and did a bad job of it too!). I think I'm going to have to throw this one out and buy a different yoga mat...

The price is very reasonable and the design is neat.

When I first received it, the Mat surface was a bit slippery and I was not able to hold during Yoga. However after I cleaned it with water and soap, it was fine.

I would no buy this product again. The design is pretty and I got a positive comment in my fitness class. However, the product is made of very low quality material. I use it for my workouts 2-3 times/week. The mat is very thin therefore some exercises (such as crunches) are uncomfortable. Also, the product started falling apart only after two weeks! If you use it only for yoga you may be fine, but this is not suitable for other workouts where you step on the mat with your sneakers.

I've used this mat for about 6 or 8 yoga classes and it's starting to fall apart already. Plus it's too slippery, and the foam is lower density than is desirable. Don't waste your money on this piece of junk. In a couple of months you'll have to buy a new one, and you'll happily pay more because you never want to use this crap again. Seriously.

The Altus Athletic Flower Yoga Mat with Carry Strap is a durable, yet affordable yoga mat. The green color and beautiful hibiscus print make it a soothing scene to look at while practicing your favorite poses. Unlike other yoga mats this one, though it sticks to the floor with ease, does not stick to the soles of your feet or palms making it possible for yogis to move with ease and fluidity. It is extremely long, allowing even the tallest yogis complete comfort. However, it is a little narrower than other yoga mats, so if you are heavy-set or a like a little extra width, this could pose some problems to your comfort level. The Carry Strap is also very convenient and seems to be withstanding wear and tear. One down side to the strap is that it does cause a great deal of indentation to the yoga mat, but after unrolling and letting it breathe for a few minutes, the indentations are not as severe. I would recommend this mat to both beginners and advanced practitioners who are looking for an affordable and durable mat. - Yoga Accessories - Yoga - Yoga Mats - Exercise Mats'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information