Wednesday 12 January 2011

Fm Transmitter - hands free, speakerphone


This item features a simple, easy-to-use, user interface: on/off switch, almost 2 in. diameter volume wheel, 1.25 in. button, and a small LED indicator light. The key to using this user interface is to observe the state of the indicator light (e.g., flashing blue vs. solid blue light), and understand the different ways of using the button (tap, double tap, press [about 1 sec.], and press and hold [about 5 sec.]). All this is explained in the User Manual. The important thing is to understand that there is only a small subset of these actions needed for everyday use. In particular, I have found that in order to put my phone into voice-command mode, I simply hold in the Jabra SP200's button until I hear a beep and then release it (this is equivalent to a "press" of the button), so I don't need to try to count out one second. Before I realized this, I was not sure if I was doing a "tap" or a "press". As you practice using the Jabra SP200, you will find the audio prompts (beep tones) very useful.



The Jabra SP200 is a perfect match to a phone that already natively supports voice-command mode (such as my Motorola MOTO W755). You can use the SP200 to put your phone into voice-command mode without touching the phone, as discussed above. Then the phone prompts (thru the Jabra speaker), "Please say a command". Then you can say (using the Jabra mic), "Call Pat Johnson home" and the phone will respond (thru the Jabra speaker), "Calling Pat Johnson home" and make the call. Since you are using the native voice recognition capabilities of your own cell phone, you do not need to upload your contact list to the Jabra, you do not need a phone that supports PBAP (phone book access profile) and the Jabra doesn't need to duplicate the voice recognition functionality that already exits in your phone. My recommendation, however, is to perform your cell phone's voice recognition training through the Jabra SP200, possibly while sitting inside your non-moving vehicle with the Jabra SP200 mounted on the visor, for best results.



The connectivity range between your cell phone and the Jabra SP200 can be quite good. I have noticed that I can park in the parking lot and enter a store and sometimes still be connected to the Jabra SP200. Of course, if a call comes in at this time, it would go to the Jabra out in your car, and not to your cell phone on your person. To avoid this, I just use my cell phone's menu to drop the connection to the Jabra before exiting the vehicle, and when I return, I just tap the Jabra's big button to restore the connection while listening for the confirmatory beep sound.



Sound quality is very good to excellent when listening to a call in a moving vehicle, and can be good to very good at the recipient's end of the call depending on the level of background noise in the vehicle (depending on speed, road conditions, etc.). I might mention that I am hearing-impaired, yet have no trouble hearing and understanding the Jabra SP200. In fact, it sounds much better than my cell phone itself.



If you understand the specific handsfree functionality you need, pair the Jabra SP200 with the right phone, and practice until using your phone and the Jabra SP200 together becomes second nature, you can't go wrong. Highly recommended! Jabra SP200 Bluetooth Speakerphone Car Kit [Retail Packaging]

"The best gift you ever got me" was what my Dad said after he had this for about a week or so. He's in his 70's and wanted to be able to use the cell in the car safely. This thing is simple, cheap and effective. There is really nothing else to say! One caveat, it only pairs with a single phone.

I'm hard of hearing and I drive a noisy old diesel pickup. I tried all sorts of hands free like wireless and wired headsets and all had the same problem I couldn't hear my calls.

The Jabra solved this problem so simply. I only need hands free for driving so it comes with a car charger, no need to charge it in the house and forget it when you leave like so many other hands free blue tooth. Easy to attach, easy 1 big button call functon on off switch and volume control.

I needed a basic speakerphone so that I can talk hands free on frequent 2 hr. trips to a neighboring state to visit my SO. Since it's mostly high speed driving I needed a unit that would work well amid engine/road noise typical of an interstate. I purchased the Jabra SP200 and could not be more delighted. Easy to set up, ergonomically pleasing and best of all, loud crystal clear calls both incoming and outgoing. This is a great product at an attractive price. Highly recommended.

This was given to me as a Christmas gift, the price point and the reviews made it seem like a good choice, I used it for 7 months.



Pros: synced up with phone easily, easy to turn on and off and volume adjustment nicely located.



Cons: As mentioned in other reviews, although I could hear people clearly, they could not hear me, even though it was right above me on my visor. Charging, after a while it was difficult to get it to charge, I tried different cables, using the AC in the house everything. It uses a mini-usb port, eventually the mini-usb port broke off inside so now it's in the trash. Needless to say I won't be buying another one of these. - Speakerphone - Handsfree - Hands Free - Bluetooth'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


bluetooth Fm Transmitter - hands free, speakerphone