Tuesday 23 November 2010

Secure Digital - memory card, digital camera accessory


It's a fine product, and it works just fine in products that support the SDHC format. However, be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN your product (be it a digital camera, memory card reader or--in my case--the Palm T|X PDA which for some STRANGE reason doesn't read it) reads it. Just because your device is new doesn't necessarily mean that it will recognize SDHC cards (as opposed to the older SD cards).



If your device recognizes SDHC cards, then by all means go forth and thrash. You won't find a better card for the price. SanDisk 8 GB Class 2 SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDB-8192-A11

I recently bought a Kindle and wanted the extra storage space for books. The Kindle manual states that is uses SD cards, but didn't specify if it could use SDHC cards too.



After chatting with a few people in the Kindle Discussion room, I found that others are succesfully using SDHC cards in their Kindle's, but Amazon Kindle Tech Support told me that they will not support SDHC cards at this time, should they fail.



So being an avid reader, I took the chance and ordered the SanDisk 8GB SDHC card and it works like a champ in the Kindle. I've loaded 7 books to it already and can read and write to it without a problem. Be aware though, that only 7.3 GB of space is available on the card for storage when used in the Kindle.



I have had no problems with any of the SanDisk SD, SD Micro, or XD cards I've purchased over the years. They are reliable & durable and I will continue to purchase this brand again in the future.

Awesome little card...I bought it for my Canon PowerShot G9 12.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom, and it keeps up with my shooting wonderfully...it also gives me plenty of space to go nuts, no worrying about running out of memory!

In retrospect. I probably would have saved a little money and gotten a 4 gig card. I have taken well over a thousand 12 megapixel pictures on my camera and still haven't had to empty it out, and probably can take 700 or 800 more. If you take a LOT of pictures, its worth it, but it really has to be a LOT to fill this bad boy up.

BEWARE hidden shipping charges!!! Like others here, I got charged FULL shipping TWICE, ordering 2 SD cards that both shipped in the same envelope - This is nothing but a cash grab as there is no extra cost to the merchant for shipping the second card. I bought from Amazon merchant BoBoTechnic. I contacted the merchant and they basically said 'sorry, that's how we do business'. I'll order from a different Amazon merchant next time.

SD1200is takes HD movies, at about 1GB for 10 mins. Unless you plan to shoot HD movies continously for 80 mins on a tripod, you won't run out of space. For photos? A few weeks worth of space, with the camera on all the time and a fully charged spare battery. I don't like the multilevel cardboard / plastic packaging, hard to get into. Make sure you have SD"HC" capable camera, or you won't be able to use all the space, or maybe not even access the unit. Speed is also great. I have a handfull of CF SD units from SanDisk for several different cameras, never had a problem.

My first 1 GB Memory Card was $100. The price on this 8 GB was under $15. I thought for sure it would not work properly. It has turned out to be an excellent product, with no difference in quality than premium priced products I have purchased before. I can recommend this product without reservation. A photo shop informed me that if your camera equipment is too old to handle the 8 GB load it will not download properly because of the size.

I simply don't understand why you charge double the shipping when you put everything in one packet and send it anyway. The cost to you is not double, but you charged me double shipping, a nice way to rip off customers.

I found this item in the search for deals section. The price of $ 14.99 was crossed out on the screen and the new price of $ 9.69 was in the cost space. I needed two so I selected buy with one click on volume of two. Now I receive the two 8 gb cards with a receipt for $ 14.99 each. What goes on here? I have not used them and have not opened them. I think I will send them back. I should have 3 at the advertised price or a reduced price for the two SanDisk cards. - Digital Camera Accessory - Sd Card - Sdhc - Memory Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information