Tuesday 23 November 2010

Portable Oral Irrigator - portable oral irrigator, panasonic


This is an item I can't live without. Even after flossing I'll get additional food out of my gums and in many cases this is the only device that can remove painful food jammed underneath my gums. The whole thing collapes for traveling, is the only unit I know of that has replaceable batteries,and with new batteries has a very powerful spray. It is also very easy to refill and I liked that the engineers designed the cap to snap on and off instead of breaking off. I bought one and liked it so much I'm buying one as a gift for other people.

This is the newer version and I found it to be better than the older version (Panasonic EW1270AC Portable Oral Irrigator). It has 2 instead of 1 speed setting and the tip has a better design. Happy with it. :)

I have used this product for a little over a month now and so far I have been completely satisfied with it. It's easy to use and has ample power to get rid of food particles that cannot be removed with a toothbrush. It is also good for flushing out food particles that get caught in gum pockets.



I mix my own concoction of warm water and mouth wash even though the instructions say to use just water. My mouth feels totally refreshed and that's what I am looking for in an oral irrigator. I have always owned a Waterpik which is also a good product however I like the fact that this product uses plain batteries which eliminates the need for a charging adapter and it also collapses for easy storage. I am glad that I made the decision to give this product a try.

I bought this intending to use rechargeable AAs with it, but the instruction booklet says not to because of possible corrosion. This was a disappointment for me and I may try rechargeables anyway.



It seems to work pretty well and low speed is a nice option for dispensing ACT or other mouthwash to the gum line and between teeth (working quickly-note the instructions suggest only water and always emptying the unit after use). The on/off switch is extremely stiff though. On high speed it is much less powerful than a standard waterpick but still effective.

wow, with 2 AA batteries, the oral irrigator pumped out apretty strong jet of water and that was at the lower of the two speeds! I heard that this was better than flossing and I tried it and it sure could push out all the little bits of whatever between the teeth! I was surprised how much stuff! However, learn to keep your finger near the switch button since the water will squirt all over you once you move the mouth piece away from your mouth! The base is quite large -not appropriate for kids



I sometimes mix the water with listerine to do two jobs in one! I am really happy with it and so will my dentist!

I've been using a Braun-Oral B stationary water pick since 1999 and I'm totally satisfied with it. Unfortunately it was recently broken down after so many years of service. I wanted to buy it again, but the model was discontinued, perhaps because it was so durable and they couldn't make a good sale out of it. After reading many reviews, I decided to buy this Panasonic portable water pick, keeping in mind that it has a disadvantage of being 'bulky', especially for my kids. I don't mind this, because I've already ordered a WaterPick WP100 for them, as they are now a bit more grown up and stay on a different floor in our house.



The product arrived on time in a thorough packaging, though I believe the high quality of its plastic would not require such a thoroughness. Being prepared to see a bulky thing, I was not very surprised with its modest size when it was in the package. It was just 6.5 inches high. However, I admit that when I expanded it for use, I said "wow". It became ~1.5 times higher, which is 8.5 inches. I'm now sure that my 8-year-old son wouldn't love holding it in his hand. However, it should be OK for my daughter, who is only 6.3 feet height, because it is just right with me, who is not too much higher (I'm an Asian guy of medium size).



What I'm surprised most with this product is that its pulsated stream of water was just of the right size and power, the same like of the Braun-Oral B I used before. The only difference is that with Braun-Oral B I had the ability to adjust the power step-less. However, I always had to watch the dial to stay at the right low and high points that I later found other family members of mine also use. With Panasonic, the water is just right for normal cleaning when I turn it on, at the first speed. At the second speed, it is also just right for clearing of more 'stubborn' debris. I can imagine how much research had the Panasonic engineers done to find out this point. Still, this is not everything. I must say that every detail of this product shows its quality and rationality. The pick is turnable so that you can adjust it at your right angle, but it sits tight enough to not rotate spontaneously. The hose inside the tank made the unit usable at any angle. The power switch and battery lid are very well water-proof. The lid of the tank is also very good. Once I rush to meetings and just throw the unit in my drawer without discharging redundant water. In the car, I realized that there were some important paper together with it, and I rushed back just to find out that nothing happened. There was no water leaking.



All in one, this portable water pick is paying off for its value of money. I would recommend it not only for travel, but also for use at home. It can even replace the stationary version, because thanks to the right size of its tank, you don't have to refill it many times during one use. - Panasonic - Dental Hygiene - Waterpik - Portable Oral Irrigator'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information