Tuesday 23 November 2010

Computer Accessories - book holder, ipad


This stand is great i am great light and strong very stable. the stand fits both my ipad with the otter-box defender case and my iphone with a Oakley 1 case holds both devices at an appropriate angle for watching movies or or viewing emails in both portate and landscape orientation.



I didn't realize when i ordered it has 3 pads one on each tine at the front and one on the back to stop scratches it is effective but it is not the best solution could be prettier it might be a problem for those who don't use a case.



i would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a desktop stand (can't be transported easily) that can sync and charge in both portate and landscape.



Overal a good quality stand looks good keeps the cord organized i'm really happy i will probably get one for my iphone also. elago P2 Stand (Silver) for iPad and Tablet PC

I recently received an iPad as a birthday present and looked for a stand that would have a clean design similar to Apple's products. This stand well exceeded my expectations. It is built very solid with rubber grips on the bottom so it does not move around or scratch my desk. Although it appears thick, it is actually quite lightweight because it is made out of aluminum. The viewing angle is perfect both vertically and horizontally. There are also little details such as clear tape to further prevent scratches once the iPad is mounted and cutouts so cables are easily accessible that make this stand a very practical and convenient accessory.

Very simple, sturdy, and visually appealing. Hold iPads with thin cases (for instance, the Apple case) as well as none at all. Allows dock cord in both portrait and landscape. Nothing fancy, everything functional. A very nice addition to your desk. Doesn't travel well in most briefcases, so consider buying one for each end of your commute.

Nice little stand for the iPad that is NOT made of plastic. I was most impressed by the ability to leave the case on my iPad. I have the standard case sold by Apple that folders over and covers the front or folds behind. I was almost certain I would have to remove it from the case, but it fit just fine. Nice to see a company pay attention to how an end user uses a product rather than simply based on how a base product arrives from a manufacturer.



2 minor complaints: the balance is a little off and potentially could lead to it falling over backwards/right/left if nudged. Other complaint is the price point - I paid $30 - for a simple piece of metal this is too high.



I am going to use it for a week before I decide if I keep it, since it could lead to the iPad becoming damaged if it falls over due to the base being a little too small.



Why I rated 3 stars - minus 1 star for lack of stability, minus 1 star for price point.

This stand is simple, easy to use and looks nice on the desk. It is not too bulky, so I can throw it in a bag an use it wherever I go. It has nice rubber adhesive pads on the edges and the back to prevent metal on metal contact (so it doesn't scrape up the ipad). This thing is awesome. I think the thing I like the most is how simple but very effective it is. no moving parts that could break. Its just one solid piece of metal shaped properly to support the iPad as a stand. I love it.

I use this stand for my 8 inch Android tablet and it's perfect. I can leave the power cord pluged in while the tablet is on the stand and I can leave the USB keyboard plugged in too so it's almost like a tiny laptop.

I picked this up to put on my desktop to match my 20" iMac. It looks gorgeous but that is about it. The angle that it is fixed at invites much glare. If you only care about looks get this. But for functionality I wouldn't recommend this stand. I recommend the Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book for functionality.

This is a fantastic, high quality stand for the iPad. I actually like it so much I'm ordering another one to use with my iPhone. I prefer the angle of this stand for my iPhone over elago's other iPhone stand. I like being able to use a USB charging cable with it, and also that it works with a variety of cases, including the Apple iPad Case. Also looks great next to an iMac!

There is not too much to say. This is a stand. It works. It is heavy enough to be stable when using my ipad but not bigger than it needs to be. I can have my ipad plugged in while it is in the stand. My Ipad fits with cover on or off. I know this is not very exciting but thankfully a stand really does not need to be. - Stands - Ipad - Computer Accessories - Book Holder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information