Tuesday 23 November 2010

Electric Powered Ride-ons - power wheels, power wheel


I ordered this Jeep from the actual Fisher Price site because Amazon did not yet have it and I needed it for my 3 year old's birthday. It is pretty awesome. I'm not sure how it compares to the Rubicon or the Barbie version but it does work on grass!



The "rockin' tunes" are funny to listen to (it is essentially an electric guitar solo). The volume adjustment works well and will play somewhat loud. I marked it as 5 star educational because my kid is learning how to drive and mess with the radio AND talk on the microphone at the same time.



At 2.5 MPH my kid who weighs 31 lbs wasn't quite heavy enough to get it through longer grass (longer as in hadn't mowed the lawn in 2 weeks). When there was another child in the jeep, it would go fine on the grass. When I took out the safety screw so he could go 5 MPH, he went through the longer grass by himself without spin-outs.



He's been riding it every day for about 30 minutes for almost a week now (mostly in the 5 MPH mode) and I haven't had to recharge the battery yet.



Setting it up was a breeze. Just needed a longer phillips head screwdriver. I used a drill with an extender for some of the screws and it went quick.



As a side note, it looks way cooler without the tribal art. We didn't put the tribal art (stickers) on the hood or the sides and it is shiny/glossy/metallic looking black. Power Wheels Tough Talkin Jeep Wrangler

This is the best. We had purchased a 6 volt battery operated tractor and it did not have enough power. I would recommend anything 12 volt. My grandson is 2 years old and he has a ball with this jeep. Goes on grass, dirt and pavement. Highly recommend it.

This is a great product. I have two little boys, four and two years of age, and they can't get enough. The tires do not get any traction in the snow unless you modify them. I took a box of self drilling hex head roofing screws and added a little grip. This move worked out GREAT. It can get traction anywhere now.

My kids just received this as a Christmas gift 2010. Within a week, the battery was unable to hold a charge. I called Fisher Price to report the problem (it's only been out of the box for 2 weeks at this point), and their only solution is to have the vehicle serviced at a local service center - a 45 minute drive from my house (I live by a major metroplex not out in the country somewhere). They think that most likely my charger is broken, but they won't just ship me a new charger. The only way to get a new one is to set up an appt with the service center (call before hand and make sure replacement part is actually in stock) and take the entire vehicle and parts to the center -- all for a defective charger on a BRAND NEW toy. So it was great while it was working, but beware if something goes wrong!

Power Wheels Tough Talkin Jeep Wrangler



I bought the Power Wheels Tough Talking Jeep Wrangler for my 3 year old grandson. He has loved driving it and it has space for his 3 year old cousin. It would be nice if the microphone worked better.

My 4 year old got this for his birthday. We have the faster gear locked out for now but he drives his 2 year old sister around and it is so much fun for them and also to watch them drive around and play. He has only had it for three weeks so I am not sure how durable it will be but so far so good. The battery stays charged for multiple uses. Overall I would recommend it. - Power Wheels - Power Wheel - Battery Powered Ride-on - Electric Powered Ride-ons'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information