Thursday 13 October 2011

Travel Adapter - converter, travel adapter


I purchased this converter for my last visit to India. It works very well is easy to use and does not heat up during use. Comes with an adapter plug so it is ready for use. Remember to tape off the higher voltage outlet as it gives 2 options of output. Goldsource® ST-100 Step Up/Down Voltage Transformer Converter - AC 110/220 V - 100 Watt

The converter worked pretty well in India. I plugged in a Belkin 6 Outlet Home/Office Surge Protector to the converter and charged multiple electronics like laptop, phone charger, camera battery charger, portable dvd player etc. Recommended!

I purchased this Voltage Transformer, to allow us to run three New Zealand appliances (240v) here in the US (110v).



For two of the three appliances, this device works perfectly (a sewing machine and electronic keyboard). The third item, GHD hair straighteners kept blowing the fuses. The straighteners are rated 30w, and the transformer is rated 100w, so I was quite disappointed by that.



Talking to some more electrically inclined people at work, they suggested the hair straighteners might be self regulating to an average 30w, thus drawing higher current to begin with. Anyway, I keep the transformer for the first two items, and just purchased some new US plugged hairs straighteners.

I bought this product 2 months ago for some appliances that I brought with me from Europe to the US.

It works great, never had a problem. Doesn't get warm even after a prolonged use, no noise at all.

Highly recommend it, worth every penny.

Works fine for me after just a brief test, so far. However, I didn't realize from the photo that there is only one 110v (and one 220v) outlet -- I was hoping to be able to plug 2 items into this without a bus strip.

I normally have never written a review on the web. I got this transformer and a similar one with a bigger capacity based on the reviews I read but was greatly disappointed by both. The transformer was fuming the second day and I had to return both to Amazon. - Voltage Converter - Converter - Travel Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information