Thursday 13 October 2011

Photography Equipment - digital slr, battery


Excelent Battery! I recommend it for all Olympus SLR Digital Cameras. I am using it on my E300 and you can take a lot of pictures in one day. I have 2 batteries because of outdoors shoots and this is really enough. Olympus BLM-01 Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery for C7070, C8080, E1, E300 & E500 Digital Cameras (Retail Packaging)

When I bought my Evolt E-500 it came with a genuine Olympus battery, and I bought a knockoff to use as a hot spare. Admittedly they are new and performance will degrade over time, but in identical conditions the genuine Olympus lasts up to 500 pictures and the knockoff barely 300. I bought a second Olympus battery and have more confidence going out into the field.

I knew that I would need a backup battery for my Olympus E500. This is identical to the battery supplied with the camera. I wanted to use an Olympus battery after reading some BAD reviews of knockoff replacements. The battery seems to have plenty of reserve power even though the E500 has a full color display that does all functions instead of the 2 displays that most dSLR have (one usually is a low power LCD display for exposure settings). I only have long term experience with NiMH batteries with a point-n-shoot so I really can't make a final review of the longevity of Lithium-Ion batteries. Laptops seem to lose holding power over time. So far I'm happy, but if something goes bad, I'll update my review



Here is an update (10/05/08), I upgraded to a Olympus E3 which uses the same battery. No problems! I'm very happy with the longevity of the battery. It may be my imagination but it seems that the E3 is a bit more efficient on battery power which is confusing because it has both the color and a monochrome LCD display.

A trip to Europe requires a backup battery; so I purchased this as I didn't want to run out of battery in the middle of the day... Between my original battery and this "back up" I took over 1200 pictures and that required a recharge of each battery once on an 18 day trip. One might say "not bad" as a matter of fact it is outstanding as I didn't always remember to turn the camera off between locations and or shots.

I purchased two secondary brand batteries for my Olympus C5060 camera. The price was very good and I thought I was getting a good deal. These batteries lasted one month and then started to indicate low battery after two shots.

I have purchased an Olympus BLM-01 and I am getting very good performance.

Beware sometimes the deal that looks too good to be true usually isn't

I was pleasantly surprised how long this battery lasts. I bought a second one for backup just in case I needed it during a wedding shoot. I never had to use the second battery and that's after taking over 1200 pics for 8 1/2 hours. Great product as far as I'm concerned.

There are much cheaper alternatives even with higher energy capacity, but according to reports this one is more reliable, including in extremely cold weather. Nicely built and packaged, exactly as the one included in the camera. - Battery - Photography - Digital Slr - Camera Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information