Thursday 13 October 2011

Backpack Cooler


I ride my bike 18 miles to work every day so I needed a pack like this to keep my lunch cool and fresh. This pack does accomplish those two goals adequately. I use a blue ice pack to keep things cool and do not have any condensation problems with it at all. My lunch stays cool for hours.



To address the rigidity problem that others have mentioned I solved it by taking one of those "road spam" signs (you know the ones at intersections made of corrugated plastic that promise to make you slim, rich, etc?) and I cut it down to size, bent it and slipped it inside the pack. That takes care of two problems! Works great and highly recommended.



Two things on my wish list: I wish it came in a smaller size since I'm carrying only one lunch and it would be nice if there were some reflective strips sewed onto it for night riding. I had my girlfriend add those. All in all it's a great insulated pack. Picnic Time Zuma Insulated Cooler Backpack, Red

Our family really uses this bag. I bought it in Luray while visiting my parents and it was well worth the money. I am a celiac and my son has severe food allergies, so we always have to carry our food everywhere. I can fit two frozen icepacks, and lunch for four and it will stay cold for hours and hours. The top part carries my sons diaper wallet, in a ziploc, and fruit or special crackers or whatever else we have. The only problem I have is when I use the bag and don't fill up the bottom with something. The sides aren't rigid which allows it to expand, but it would be nice to have a wire frame or something to keep it rigid when I just want to use it for two people and a diaper bag. I would recommend this bag for people with food allergies, people who like to picnic, and families who like to go out to museums and such and take along their lunches.

We ordered this bag for a recent trip to Disney World. We were able to put 8 bottles of water with ice in the insulated bag. We also carried ponchos, towels and snacks in the top portion. I would have rated it a 5 star but the bag gets a little flimsy when the top portion is not loaded. Otherwise, this is a great product.

I ordered this right before my family and I took off to Disney world. We used it on a daily basis while in the park, it was perfect to put drinks in and they stayed cold. The straps were comfortable and it was easy to carry. We were able to put drinks in the bottom cooler part and snacks in the mesh bag at the top. The zipper portion on the front was used for phones, cards and money. It lasted through all 4 days at the park with no issues.

We've taken this bag on two trips so far and were SOOO happy we had it both times! The insulated area is perfect to keep snacks and a large water bottle (or even lunch if you want).



It's very comfortable to carry since the straps are padded. My husband loves this bag, as do i :)



Note it only has 3 areas that hold anything (the cooler area on the bottom, the non-cooler on the top half, and the small zippered pocket in the front bottom).

I like this cooler pack. The cooler is a really good size, perfect for a day hiking or at the beach. There are a couple zip pockets for your personal effects as well. The mesh portion holds alot of stuff and the clasps are adjustable, so you can really stuff it full. I fit a towel and some dry clothes in it. The majority of the space goes to the cooler, which I like. Confortable to wear.

I have to walk a long way from my car to my desk, and needed something that did not throw me off balance, while keeping my lunch/drinks cool. I use this 6 days per week.



Sometimes it is difficult to load the cooler area, when the top is already loaded, since it will not stand up well. Don't know of any way around that problem. Otherwise, it does the job as well as my hand carry cooler, but more comfortably.



It seems well made, the zippers, straps, and carry handle are all sturdy. Good for business, as it does not attract attention. Both the top and the cooler portions are generous in size, but if you don't cinch down the top's two closure straps, things can fall out when you take it off. Despite the netting over part of the top (well made). it doesn't get wet when I use an umbrella.



There is a seam, which in the picture, appears to be another zipper; it is not. The zipper for the cooler is obvious from the picture. The cooler portion could easily take a couple of 10" laptops instead. The top portion is smaller. I don't recall the measurements for aircraft overhead storage, but I think if you don't put too much in it, it should fit.

Cooler = GREAT. No Cardboard or anything to hold it up means that its really hard to get things out especially if you use the top layer. If you do get this bookbag, I'd advise you to get some support cardboard or something hard and slip it in the bottom portion.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information