Thursday 13 October 2011

Bluetooth Stereo - bluetooth headset, s9-hd


These have been the best bluetooth headphones I have ever experienced.



MY USE: I bought these for all-around use (walking around campus, indoor climbing, and cycling), and they have performed magnificently. So far, they have been very sweat-resistant and chalk-proof while climbing indoors during the off-season (I don't believe in headphones while outside :)). They hold on tight when road-biking, and they have been very good for walking around campus and answering calls as I listen to music. I also occasionally use them with my iMac to watch movies without disturbing others.



STRUCTURE: First of all, the headphones look fantastic. Really sleek-looking headphones, I get compliments all the time on them, followed by amazement when they find out that they're bluetooth! The fit of the headphones was a little awkward at first - I expected the little buds to go into my ear a little deeper. While they are apparently meant for people with larger heads, I've gotten really comfortable with the way they fit on my head. They rest just outside of my ear canal without being crammed inside. They also rest comfortably on my neck when not in use - I'll often wear them around my neck in class or at work, forgetting they're on!

The buttons on the headphones are fantastic. They really did a great job here. The volume and phone controls are on one side, and the music controls on the other. You can still do things like redial a call, ignore a call, and turn on/off the "enhanced sound" mode using the few buttons. Also, the buttons are rounded off very well, so very easy to feel with your finger.



AUDIO QUALITY: The audio quality is good. While I don't consider myself an audiophile (proudly, btw), I do put weight on audio quality, and the sound from these headphones absolutely cut it for me. Better than Apple's earbuds (not hard to beat), and as good as the Skull Candy headphones I was using. Using either the Sony bluetooth adaptor, or my Sony Ericsson w580i, the audio came out great - actually, it was a huge improvement over the quality of the w580i w/ provided headphones. The default "enhanced sound" mode is actually very good - not just idiotically cranked-up bass like most sound "enhancements". But if you prefer a custom EQ, all you have to do is hold down one button for a few seconds and it turns off.

The microphone works well most of the time, but it's no replacement for a standard bluetooth headset in terms of ONLY hearing your voice. But my voice is heard distinctly - just with some background noise.



BLUETOOTH: Pairing is a breeze. The bluetooth signal has been an issue for me at times, though. Just carrying my phone/iPod around in my pants pocket just doesn't seem to cut it - my body is just too much of a barrier (and I'm not a big guy). However, in my backpack, or across the room, the signal has been flawless. So, my solution is to either always keep the phone/iPod in my backpack, or slip it into a front shirt pocket. But when I don't have any of these options, it gets really annoying having my music cut in and out - incredibly annoying, in fact. Like having a scratched CD. It's maddening! (the booklet recommends purchasing an arm band for this reason.).



Oh, and these guys will hold a charge all day with use throughout most of the day. But not much past that. Motorola S9-HD Bluetooth MOTOROKR/MOTOACTIV Stereo Headset (Gloss Black)

I wanted to listen to music on my HTC Diamond [Sprint] while exercising and around the house, without wires. This unit has good sound, and nice controls - I can activate voice command for hands free dialing, and I can change music tracks without pulling out the phone; Nice.



Unfortunately, the thing is really uncomfortable after a while, especially while wearing my glasses. Note, however, that I have a large head, and the unit is not adjustable [like that would have been difficult to design in].



Additionally, and I knew this before purchasing by reading other reviews, you cannot carry your phone in your front pocket while using these outside. I put the phone in my rear pocket if walking, but I'll have to wear a fanny pack or some other trick to get the transmitter within line-of-sight of the back of the headset. This is another pain-in-the-rear [no pun intended!].



I will say it's really cool to be out for a run when the phone rings and the auto-answer is turned on; the unit picks up and I can talk without having to slow down. I can dial out, as well, with the voice command.



The bluetooth technology is limited, but I think the designers could have made this more friendly.



This unit may just be the best available, for now, but it seems likes it should still be in "beta" to me.

I bought these because my Zaggs wouldn't stay on while running. So, after reading the reviews, I decided to give these a shot. I have an Iphone 3G OS 3.1.2.

Pros:

Three sizes of earbuds.

The SRS works very well.

Sound is good, almost as good as my VModa Vibes.

The MOTOROKR's stay on while running around the track.

Distance is decent, about 20-25 feet. (for mine)

Useful carrying bag.

Easy connection.

Runs with Pandora, AOL radio, Ipod, and GreatMetal.



Cons:

Track skip doesn't function with Iphone.

There are six buttons to remember, not a big deal, just takes getting used to.

Battery isn't removable.





Overall:

Honestly, I would have given them 5 stars if the track skip worked. I am happy with the purchase and would recommend these headphones. - Motorola - Bluetooth Stereo - Bluetooth Headset - S9-hd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information