Thursday 13 October 2011

Nailer - pastor


I was in need of another siding gun, and saw the NV75AG just hit the market. Being that I own the siding (4 years use) and framing (8 years use) versions Hitachi makes (both superior products), when it came time to get a second nailer for siding the choice was clear. For several years I have been contempating getting a coil framer. When sheeting walls on the ground I loose considerable time reloading with the stick framer. This gun holds over 225 nails in one coil! And should my stick framer blow a top seal, or sider fail, the NV75AG will allow me to continue. The gun functions flawlessly, with both the depth adjustment on the gun and a non maring tip included. Hitachi includes all allen wrenches and fittings, something other makers should but don't. Only complaints, cost and plastic skirting. Cost, well it takes the place of 2 guns. Skirting, easily removed. Hitachi NV75AG Round Head 1-3/4-Inch to 3-Inch Coil Framing Nailer

i purchased two of these guns last year and have used them heavily, without any problems. these are great tools. very well designed. light enough for siding all day, compact and very fast for framing, sheathing and subflooring. i don't waste time loading nails every minute. no jam problems. just don't try to load mangled coils, duh.

Amazon's Tool Crib shipped on time with no glitches. The 75 nailer is typical of Hitachi's great nailers, and has the versatility to do framing and siding. Mine has gone through about 4000 2" Senco and 3" Bostich nails for fence building without a miss and little sign of wear. Since I only use it once in a while, I'm confident it will last me a lifetime.

The Hitachi NV75AG is a terrific coil nailer. Because it shoots sheathing thru framing nails the 75AG could be the only framing nailer in your toolbox. The real advantage of this gun is the (lack of) weight. Compared to any gun that will do the same, this gun is light. It may seem a little heavy when it's loaded with a full coil of 3" framing nails but it's not long before the coil gets shorter and then the gun is really nice to use. Everything about the 75AG is well designed and manufactured. Hitachi simply makes the best nail guns. I have owned and still own, Senco, Paslode, Makita, DeWalt and Max guns and I'm convinced Hitachi is the best. If I had to get down to just one it would be the NV75AG, the most versatile and comfortable gun I have used.

This is an excellent siding and framing nailer, however it is not as powerful as a Hitachi NR83A framing nailer, which has a substantially larger air chamber for driving nails. In most cases this nailer is great for framing; its compact size allows you to face-nail and toe-nail easier in tight spaces. However, when nailing a .131 x 3" framing nail into two pieces of old growth fir 2x (not as common of scenario these days unless you reuse materials from demolitions on the West coast), the nail will often sit proud about an inch or more. The Hitachi NR83A will usually sink the nail in this scenario, albeit sometimes the nail may sit about a 1/4" proud.

I bought this nailer to hang fiber cement lap siding on my home. This nailer is very easy to operate and comfortable all day in your hand. I've put about 2500 nails through it so far with only a few jambs, usually only when I come to the end of a coil of hit something underneath. Very easy depth adjustment and loading. Using this with the Malco FCG2 Fiber Cement Siding Plank Gauges for 4" exposure works like a charm. Easy guages lets you hang by yourself. Although I use them maily to hold the piece in place while I remove the guide and place a wood guide I make to ge the "exact" exposure. I'm very fussy on this.



I highly reccomend this nailer. It's also great for nailing exterior wood trim, lots of power.

Been using it for a few months now and am overall happy. The gun does fine for toenailing, subfloor/sheathing and with new doug fir. It is a bit underpowered for old wood and engineered lumber. The gun shines for doing some akward overhead work like drops, which is why I got it. If you are going to get one gun, get the 83, but the 75 is a nice gun to have if you are having more than one.

It is expensive but it is a first class tool, I have used it to side a house with HardiPlank siding, It drives the stainless steel nails that I am using

just fine,it is balanced and lightweight. It is highly recommended.

.

I just wish it came with a case and an air fitting - Pastor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Nailer - pastor pastor Nailer - pastor