Thursday 13 October 2011

Solar Battery Charger - solar battery charger, green energy


This charger comes with the panel, a standard mini-USB cable and suction cups to mount it to a window. I have an IPhone 3G. It does not come with an IPhone adapter cable, but mine plugs into the USB_OUT port just fine, no problems. The mini_IN plug is for charging the device using a computer or laptop if there is no sun. There are indicator lights on the back. Press the center button and 25-50-75-100% illuminates to give you an estimate of charge remaining on the panels internal battery. Nice little LED light. charged quickly in sunlight and just as quickly plugged into desktop. Great to have for power outages or when the elusive plug in an airport just doesn't materialize. This is a great little product worth the price shipped quickly and arrived on time. Very pleased and should probably be a spokesperson for the thing they way I've been showing it off everyone asks when they see it. I charged an almost dead IPhone and it still had 50% charge left. PLUS you can use the phone while the panel is charging it in the sun with the phone connected "real time". This is very very close in size to the iphone itself. Not big at all. Premium Solar Charger - Ultra Thin Solar Powered Backup Battery and Charger for Cell Phones, iPhone, iPod, and Most USB Powered Device - Also Includes Built-in LED Reading Light and Window / Windshield Suction Cups

This solar charger is a great buy. I have not tried charging the unit via USB, but is charges up fine in the sun. I have used it to charge my phone, Ipod, and Bluetooth headset without any problems. It seems well constructed. I thought that the LED flashlight would be cheap but it actually seems well constructed and bright. I do wish they made a way of attaching this thing to a backpack for charging on the go. Other than that no complaints.

Been into Solar Chargers for the past 6 months. Interest in solar charges grew from wanting to be prepared for emergencies. The electronic devices that I have are powered through AA, AAA, and USB sources. Therefore, my focus was on finding a solar charger that can power one or any combination of the three. I was hopeful for this solar charger would be able to charge my iPhone and Sanyo Eneloop USB Battery Charger. The Sanyo Eneloop USB Battery Charger can charge either up to two AA or AAA batteries at a time. This is the review of the XTG SOL1500 Premium Solar Charger.



First, this solar charger appeared to be of quality build. It is roughly the size of an iPhone, but significantly lighter. The item arrived in new condition, well aligned, and finished nicely. Second, the solar panel is able to charge the internal Lithium Ion battery very fast. I never had the charger completely drained, but it never took more than several hours in full sun to completely charge the internal battery. Third, the device successfully charged my iPhone, iPod Shuffle, and Sanyo Eneloop USB Battery Charger. Fourth, the internal battery charge indicator is so helpful and useful. Four separate LEDs can light up to indicate 20, 50, 80, or 100% charge with a push of a button. Last is the LED light which is quite powerful and unexpected.



I would improve this device with relatively minor adjustments. First, I would not mind more capacity. Second, due to personal preference in the way I store electronic devices, I wish the lithium ion battery were removable and interchangeable. On that note, having an internal, non-removable battery sort of limits the life of the device overall. Keep in mind that these are very picky things which that would not bother most people.



Overall, I rate this XTG SOL1500 Premium Solar Charger a 4.8 out of 5.0 stars. I am very pleased with this device and would highly recommend it to friends. Most of my experience with solar chargers has been very disappointing. This is the only one, so far, that I can honestly recommend.

I bought this product knowing that it can only be charged up to 50 percent in the sun and the rest can be charged up by hooking up to a computer. The product feels a little bit cheap but so far has held up. I was able to charge up my phone twice in a two day period starting from 100 percent and leaving the solar panel in the sun. This would be a much better product if the panel could charge all the way back to 100 percent. So the solar panel charger is pretty cool but the technology is almost there but not quite great yet.

At the end of the day I'm able to bring my Iphone 4, Ipod shuffle & Kindle 3 back to 100% and still have enough power to use the light for about 2 hours. As another reviwer pointed out having a way to attach the charger to a backpack would be nice, for the moment I use a ziplock bag and a safty pin to attach it and keep it weather tight while walking.

This is a quite handy device. I purchased it because I am often away from a USB power source and my phone can get thirsty sometimes. when it arrived I expected it to be heavier with a 1500mAh battery it is large enough to hold twice that capacity yet it is not offered. The casing does not inspire confidence, it emits a squeaking/groaning noise even with very gentle twisting pressure. The solar panel I expected to be covered with glass but instead it is a rubbery plastic material. I cant say for certain but i suspect it may block 10-15% of the useful energy before it gets to the panel, and it may be prone to abrasions and yellowing further reducing its effectiveness as it ages. The slider control is difficult to use being flush with side of he case. I find it does not slide at all or over slides. I must use a stylus or other small blunt object sometime to activate the middle "ON" setting. overall I would not trust it to survive shoved into a backpack unprotected to a hiking/camping trip.



Another product seems to be a clone if this one(or the other way around). ReVIVE Series Solar ReStore 1500mAh External Battery Pack with Universal USB Charging Port for HTC , Motorola , Samsung , T-Mobile Android Smartphones / Kindle 2 , DX , Nook / AT&T and Verizon Apple iPod, iPhone and More USB Powered Devices in its description,it warns that the battery cannot be charged past 50% of it rated capacity from the panel alone. I have not tested this. I suspect it is true for this one as well. the item arrives along with two double-sided suction cups for mounting in a car. the link below details how this can be a short death for a LI-Ion battery, beware.



Aside from these points. I am pleased. it is good value for the money. I wonder why they placed a LED light on a long metal goose-neck? It would be great for reading a book at night while camping, but I cannot envision another purpose for it. another good thing is it arrived half charged. this is good because the manufacturer understands proper storage voltage. again outlined in the link below.



[...] - Solar Battery Charger - Green Energy - Battery Charger - Backup Power'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Solar Battery Charger - solar battery charger, green energy green energy Solar Battery Charger - solar battery charger, green energy