Thursday 13 October 2011

Slim External Dvd Rw - dvd burner, slim external dvd rw


I got this because the internal drive of my MacBook broke, and it was much more expensive to fix it than buy this one. The DVD drive is very slim and attractive. The color is a bit darker red than on the picture, but still very beautiful. It was completely plug-and-play on my Mac; I didn't need to install any software. The speed of transfer is just as good as my internal drive used to be. I have not noticed any problems watching DVDs. The only thing you need to be aware of is that it requires to be plugged into two USB ports, and the cable that is provided is for USB ports that are right next to each other. If your USB ports are on two different sides of your computer, you will need an USB extension cord of sorts (which is not provided). Samsung External Slim DVD-W USB Compatible with Mac and PC SE-S084C/RSRN (Red)

I bought this drive as a replacement to my internal drive, which died after having my MacBook for 2 years. It was cheaper for me to buy this than to have the internal one replaced. It gives good consistent burns using Toast Titanium 9 on 10.6. I believe that it reads a little faster than the original one that came with my MacBook because I have noticed that downloads from DVDs are marginally faster. Now for the quirks:



(1) Drive is VERY loud. It spins and vibrates quite a bit, and is so loud that you can hear it on the floor above or below.



(2) As other reviewers have stated, it requires 2 USB ports, which I have used from a USB hub.



(3) the tray door must be closed by pressing on the ends. If you press in the middle, the pressure you exert on the case prevents the door from closing.



Overall a solid drive, and I am happy with my purchase.

Bought this drive to be used with my netbook. It works quite good. One thing I noticed, when ripping CD, it get 5x speed on average. This is a bit slower comparing to my other laptop's internal drive's 10x+ speed. But this is not too much a big deal. Otherwise works good, burns double layer DVD. Looks nice as well, quite thin for a external drive.

This is a plug and play. I used it to load software on my son's netbook. It started right up. I didn't load the software that came with it. I may have to when he wants to watch a movie, but didn't need it to load software. Excellent! The color matched nicely with his laptop.

Bought this Samsung external drive to go with my new red Gateway netbook (also from Amazon). The red happens to match my netbook (almost) perfectly even though they are different brands



They both arrived fast and I haven't had ANY problems with either of them whatsoever.



Some of the other reviews say the drive is very noisy, but I don't think it's noisier than any other external drive I've used. I also have no problem using it with just 1 USB port, maybe because I am using it with a newer laptop?



I'm very happy with the drive. Worked perfectly right out of the box and burns CDs with ease.

The drive is working just fine with my Dell laptop computer. The original slot drive in the laptop

stopped ejecting and playing disks. It cost a fortune to replace those drives so this s the

answer to that problem.

I recently purchased a Toshiba netbook and wanted a way to watch DVDs when traveling, and also load software onto the netbook. After researching options I decided to give this Samsung optical drive a try. I am very happy with my choice, and I love the red option!

This device is worth for owning. I own a Eee Pc 900 netbook, and with the device there is no way to allow me to used any my own personal software, or play my favorite musical cds. I waited for several months before making a decision on getting a dvd burner. And I can up with the Samsung USB 2.0 8x DVD Writer External Optical Drive. It is a cool device. For starters you don't need a a power supply device to power the drive, because if comes with a usb cable that plugs into the computer system. The drive is very light weight, and small, that I can easily take it with every were. It does come with software which is Nero, and so far hadn't had any problems with the programing. On my little computer system , I am running Windows XP, and my system quickly detected the drive and immediately loaded driver settings to get the drive running. This only happen for the first time I used the device. Like I said it is a great device and worth for owning. Comes in different colors I choose, Red. - Netbook - External Dvd Drive - Dvd Burner - Slim External Dvd Rw'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


dvd burner Slim External Dvd Rw - dvd burner, slim external dvd rw