Monday 3 October 2011

Skil Battery - cordless drill, drill


bought charger and battery at the same time. Used the battery for about a total of 5 hours. Left the battery on the charger for a week. When I grabbed the battery, it was very hot, and worked for only 5 minutes. After a 2 hour charge, it only worked for about 2 minutes. Now it doesn't charge at all. Seems like this charger does not shut down when the battery is charged. Now I have 2 dead batteries and 2 chargers (this one and the original)that are battery killers. Skil SC7218-120-Volt Ni-Cd 3-Hr Multi-Volt Charger

Not much to say other than, skil has finally made a heavy duty charger that is fairly inexpensive. The previous chargers I have used have been junk. But this actually charges within 3 hrs and it as heavy as my dewalt charger.

I bought this to replace the charger for my 14.4 volt cordless drill, product no. 92590. As advertised, it does charge my 14.4 volt batteries and also charges other voltages of Skil batteries. Works perfectly and was delivered promptly.

I don't know how good this unit will be in the long-term, but I got it quickly and it worked right away on a battery that hadn't seen a charger in 2 years. The original charger had died quickly and I had a terrible time trying to find a replacement. This has been a great decision on my part!

This easily charges my drill's battery in 3 hours, a real bonus when I've got projects going on all day. I misplaced my original charger (which I'm sure will turn up any day now), but this one works better anyway so it's no great loss.

This charger brought my drill/saw combo back to life after they sat idle for a few year in my garage after my original charger failed. It is definitely worth the money considering that I thought several time to dispose of my tool combo. On the other hand Skil should have never put anything like the original charger that came with the tool combo on the market in the first place.

Skil SC7218-120-Volt Ni-Cd 3-Hr Multi-Volt Charger - Cordless Tools - Cordless Drill - Chargers - Drill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Skil Battery - cordless drill, drill cordless drill Skil Battery - cordless drill, drill