Monday 3 October 2011

Battery Charger - battery charger, charger


don't know if this product will be around much longer since everyone is going to higher voltage batteries. WARNING! before to try to charge a battery on any charger, test the battery with a voltmeter/ampmeter. If the voltage is 25% below the stated voltage, you probably have a bad battery and SHOULD NOT try to recharge it because it could damage your charger. That is what happened to my old one. This charger works like a charm. I am very happy with it. Black & Decker 5106551-20 24 Volt Dual Charger

Upon buying this item you will be warned that it can be immediately ruined by a bad battery. Since there is a good chance this is what killed your old charger, you will want to do you research and get your batteries tested before you buy. They will not accept a return once you open the product.



Charger works as you would expect and it's nice to be able to charge two batteries. Wish it had a safety on it or a warning that the battery was bad, but you'd have to spend a bit more for a charger with that feature.

This item was purchased as a replacement to one damaged in hurricane Ike last year. When the local Home Depot no longer carried the product I started searching the Internet. Amazon carried the unit through one of its affiliate stores, Blue Grass Battery, at a very good price. However, upon arrival I discovered I had ordered a 24v unit instead of the required 18v system (my error). Amazon quickly replaced the unit with no hassle. I simply returned the 24v unit and ordered the correct model and all is well. I even recevied a personal call from Blue Grass Battery's customer service department confirming my satisfaction with the product and transaction. I subsequently purchased two more items from Blue Grass, via Amazon and am 100% satisfied with all the transactions. Great job!

I received the item in a reasonable amount of time but it didn't work. I don't believe there is anything wrong with my two batteries. Even though it was advertised to be a new product, the way it was packaged leads me to believe it is not new. I have e-mailed the seller but he has not responded. I would advise future buyers to beware. Black & Decker 5106551-20 CHARGER,DUAL 24VOLT

I think it's essential to have one charging port for each of your batteries, you do not have to worry about running out of power, and certain tasks will drain your batteries much quicker than others, so you want to keep a steady supply of charged batteries on hand. Cordless is much safer than corded.

It has been 30 days since I ordered from this company. I haven't recieved any contact from the seller, the item I ordered, or the shipment confirmation. I tried contacting the seller two weeks ago, without hearing a thing back from them. Amazon should revoke this guy's account, and apparently I wasn't the first person to say that either. If you order from this guy you are going to get robbed, and then in thirty days you will be filling a claim with amazon to get your money back, which is what I just did.

After inquiring, I did find out that the charger had a 1 yr warranty, and that Black & Decker provided no other information for it, except to not leave the battery on the charger for longer than 3 hrs, even though the charger had posted on it that the charger had a "Maintenance Mode". Also, there was no information as to wheather the red light would change to green (or whatever) when the battery was fully charged (even though the cheaper B&D charger did). So, it leaves one guessing as to whats what with this charger.

I thought my original battery was toast, so I got a new one. Then the new one wasn't working well either. I noticed my single original charger would show that the battery was charging even when unplugged. I ordered this charger and Bingo, two great working batteries. - Charger - Cordless Drill - Firestorm - Battery Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Battery Charger - battery charger, charger cordless drill Battery Charger - battery charger, charger