Monday 3 October 2011

Ipod Accessory - aux cable, automotive


There weren't much reviews when I came across this item, but I decided to bite the bullet and now I'm glad I did buy it. I mainly bought it to connect my HDTV to my macbook so I can use VLC player, and so far it works like a charm! This is my second time buying from the Cables to Go brand and their stuff is not bad. This cable plugged snuggly to the back of my HDTV and to the headphone jack on my macbook. I didn't experience any looseness of the plug when connected to a jack as was mentioned in other 3.5mm stereo audio cable product reviews. Overall, if you need sound coming out of your TV from your computer, this is the cable to get. Cables To Go 40413 M/M Stereo Audio Cable (6 Feet, Black)

Cable was purchased to connect a HTC Hero cellphone headphone out to AV Receiver's portable in (Pandora in living room -- yea!) Here's the reason for only three stars:



Cable had different behavior depending on which end of cable was connected to AV receiver. Both ways were pretty bad, but in one configuration, the slightest movement of the phone caused a great deal of noise/humming (and tended to pause whatever song was playing in the app). Also, found that if Hero was being charged, it required a particular sequence to work (e.g. had to have AV receiver turned off when connecting the cord to receiver.) It's possible I misunderstood the suitability of this cord for my application.



However, I'm not returning this cable because an extender cord I already owned (3.5 mm male and 3.5 mm female connectors) fixed all problems. I plugged the older extender cord into the receiver, the Cables to Go cord into the extender and into the phone; this works very well. The old extender cord is noticeably thicker than the Cables to Go cord, and it has gold plated connectors -- don't know if either of these is the reason for the vast improvement when using it combined with Cables to Go cord, but it seems that as long as the Cables to Go cord doesn't get plugged into the receiver, things work much better.



As a test, I tried the Cables to Go cord (by itself) with an MP3 player -- it worked great directly between the receiver and the player.



I didn't take any points off for the following, but things to keep in mind:



The plastic ends are pretty thick, slicing off a bit of the plastic allowed using the cord when phone is in a Body Glove cover (I did this after solving the more serious problems noted above by using the extender.)



Six feet (without using an extender) was too short to be able to use the phone from my normal spot in living room (clearly not a problem with the product, of course. I just didn't think it through before ordering.)

I used this on my iphone and with other cables I would generally hear loud interference whenever my iphone went into edge mode ( I stream Pandora ) When my phone switches to Edge, I don't hear that annoying sound with this cable. I was actually surprised at the shielding of this.



5 Stars!

I've used these about 20 times to connect my notebook computer to some speakers. They worked just fine at first but now they are to the inevitable point of having to bend the cables a certain way in order to get the wires to connect internally. We've all been there, right?

Cables are most always cheaper when purchased on the Internet. Audio cables are no exception. This product works well for connecting my laptop audio to the tv audio, when I'm playing movies off off my computer. 6 feet seems to be long enough, as well.

Like the other bad review, this cable stopped working on the other earphone after 3months of use. I'ts not worth it if I have to buy a new cable every 3 months. Amazon.com was no help though. Downside buying online, it's hard to send stuff back.

I bought this about a month ago. All I use it for is to connect my ipod to my car stereo with the auxiliary input. It started out great, no problems with quality or anything. Over the last couple of weeks, however, the quality has dropped severely. I have a 20 minute drive to college a couple times a week, and each time I would need to adjust the cable every other minute or so. The problem is that the audio only plays out of one speaker until you adjust the connection point at the ipod. I have another cable that works great, so the problem lies in this cable. I'd suggest going with another cable if you can find one, but I may have just received a faulty cable. Either way, it was still worth the 5 bucks I paid for it, so I can't complain too much.

I bought a few of these so I could run connections between my TV and surround sound system, my phone with my car, and occasionally connect my mac to my TV, but all I got was static or otherwise a weak connection.



Bottom line, spend the extra $9.00 and buy the Belkin coiled model, it'll last longer and the sound quality is magnificent. Don't skimp out on these, especially when sound quality is of number one importance. - Ipod Accessory - Aux Cable - Audio - Automotive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information