Monday 3 October 2011

Pain Relief - inversion equipment, back pain relief


I received a manual and detailed instructions for assembly. My husband and I spent about 45 mins putting it together - I wouldn't say it was real easy, but it wasn't rocket science. This inversion table is built solid - it doesn't appear to be "cheap". As soon as I got on it, I felt a difference in my lower back. I have a herniated disc between L4-L5. I wasn't sure that an inversion table would provide much "decompression" or traction. The stretch I felt in my lower back was immediate, and it felt very similar to the stretch I felt when I had DTS (like a VAX-D machine) at my chiropractor's office. The DTS machine is expensive and the most you can use it is three times a week, but you can use the inversion table several times a day if you have the time. However, you can't stay inverted for long - I can't imagine ever being inverted for more than 10 mins at a time, and I only stayed inverted for a few minutes each time. It only makes sense that if you feel funny, sit up/stand up on the machine for a few minutes until you feel normal and then try again for less time.



The big drawback of this and most other inversion tables is that getting out of the inverted position requires you to bend at the waist and sit up - maybe there is a better way to do this, but it doesn't really seem that you can control the rate at which you sit up. For me, sitting up like this after my lower back has been stretched/pulled, is uncomfortable - but with my herniated disc its expected for me to have discomfort when I bend or twist. I know that there are inversion tables out there that have more sophisticated "righting" mechanisms, but they are at least 3x as much as this one. I think this device is a great price - perfect for some one trying inversion therapy for the first time. I don't know if after using this table for a few weeks, I'll notice long-term improvement or if it will just provide temporary relief. I will post again after a 3-4 weeks to say whether I think its significantly improved my back condition or not. Ironman Gravity 1000 Inversion Table

Very sturdy table. Easy to assemble. It has really helped with my back problems.

I took two stars away from my rating because:

1) it does not fold up very easily and takes up a lot of space and

2) the ankle locks are not very comfortable. I found that if I wear sneakers that have a heavily padded tongue and upper that it is not as bad.

If I had to purchase again, I would spend more and find a model that has more comfortable ankle locks.

This is my first inversion table and I chose it because of the price and 300# rating. It is extremely well constructed and amazyling sturdy. Given the fact it is one of the cheaper ones on here, I did not expect it to be such a great product. I would defenitely recommend this to anyone whether experienced or new to inversion tables.

Having purchase both the Teeter Hangup (one of the most popular inverters) and this Ironman, I will try to make a comparison.



I purchased the Teeter Hangup table for my personal use. Very satisfied except that the leg clamps at the bottom are not nearly as comfortable as the Ironman. I am 6'4" and weigh 220, so that may be an issue. My wife does not have any discomfort at all.



My daughter and her husband really liked the benefits of inversion after using our Teeter (they find no discomfort either). But because of the leg clamp issue I researched other alternatives.



As a result we purchased this Ironman for them as a gift and it is a LOT more comfortable for me at the ankles and feet than the Teeter type leg clamps. Otherwise, the construction is equivalent in quality.



Other differences to consider:



Teeter allows the table to move further from your back when fully inverted. This allows more freedom to do more exercises without bumping the back.



Another thing you may want to consider is the ease of folding and moving to another place or for storage. The Teeter is easier, as the Ironman requires a wrench; the teeter does not.



The last difference to consider is that the foot rest on the Teeter is easier to adjust, an issue if more than one person uses it and they are significantly different in height and/or weight. The Ironman requires a wrench, the Teeter does not. It is more an issue for the Teeter because the leg clamps are not as comfortable as the Ironman, as I stated earlier, and both need to be adjusted for a proper and comfortable fit.



All in all, if I would have to do it again, I would buy the Ironman for myself. It was about $180 cheaper at the time. You could buy two Ironman Inverters for the price of a Teeter! The slight inconveniences of the Ironman over the Teeter would not warrant this price difference to me, because the leg clamps of the Ironman are significantly more comfortable.



As for the health benefits here, I do not think they are overstated. After a long day on my feet, or just exercising, it literally makes me feel like new. I feel "decompressed," and have more bounce in my joints. I feel more flexible. It allows me to recover from an activity faster.



My daughter, who trains for marathons, says that after a long training run, she feels so much better after inverting, recovers faster, and does not have any back or joint issues like she did before. She just ran the Pittsburgh Marathon, and the first thing she did when she got home was to "hang." She claims immediate relief and faster recovery time.



So no matter which inverter you get, it is an easy way (5-10 min) to feel sooooo much better. I can't recommend this activity more highly. - Inversion - Inversion Equipment - Back Pain Relief - Pain Relief'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information