Tuesday 20 September 2011

Weather Radio - portable radio, radio


I know it's hard to believe, but it's not even worth the [...]. I needed a simple am/fm radio to listen to when I'm at the gym. The sound eminating from this device is so poor, it;s unlistenable. It's not the earbuds either, I tried my own. Don't bother. COBY CX-71 RED Mini AM/FM Pocket Radio with Hand Strap

I bought this for my mom for Christmas for her morning walks (she's not into IPods or MP3s) and this little thing works great. It's not expensive at all, and you can tell by it's light weight and how it's built, but for what $8? it gets local stations just fine. A little positional interfereance as with many FM types, but fine.

Not that good.

Analog tuner can only tune in to strong FM transmissions.

Often times it has problems with excluding adjacent stations such there is signal interference/cross talk.

You get what you pay for. My advice is to spend another $10 and get something worth while.

I bought this radio as a gift for an older friend, who wanted a radio he could listen to "like the kids with their i-pods", but which would have controls more familiar to him, similar to radios of the past. He is very happy with the little radio, which fits into his shirt pocket and performs perfectly. This is a great product.

Delivery was fast and the radio works fine.

I use it to listen to am and FM talk shows and have had no problem with it at all.

You need to install your own AAA batteries because they're not included.

A little red LED indicate power is on - I just hope that doesn't drain the batteries too much.

At 6.99 Amazon has a good buy.

OK - Adding this now that I've had the radio a few weeks - it still works ok - but my fears about the red LED indicator appears to be well founded. The radio uses batteries a little faster than they should - and I'm convinced its from keeping that red LED lit up when its on. Wish there was a way to clip it out and still have the radio work ok.

I started using rechargeable batteries, so now the operating costs won't be too bad. - Pocket Radio - Digital - Portable Radio - Radio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information