Tuesday 20 September 2011

Mower Sharpener - sharpener


There does not seem to be a lot of options for sharpening mower blades at home if you don't have a bench grinder.



This product works with the limitations being holding the drill steady and keeping it at the correct angle. Arnold BSK-1 Lawn Mower Blade Balancer & Lawn Mower Blade Sharpener Kit

Plastic guide ensures proper angle. Might take a number of passes with a drill because of the low RPM's, but should work fine.



I happen to own a RotoZip (with a larger chuck attachment), and the sharpener fits perfect. This setup gives me a much higher rpm range, and allows me to put a perfect edge in just a couple passes. Much more control than a grinder, and less heat into the blade which can weaken the metal on the cutting edge.



Balancer works great. I balance the blade using low RPM's, or a hand file.



Great product!

I purchased the Arnold Corp. mower blade sharpener because I inadvertently hit a rock while mowing my lawn and dinged the blade. The design of the sharpener makes it easy to maintain the correct angle of the blade when sharpening. The mower blade balance was useful and critical to insuring the blade was balanced after sharpening. I would recommend this item to anyone wanting to fix a dinged lawn mower blade.

It has done its job in filing but I can see that the plastic bottom piece will probably wear down really soon. Also the cone in the picture doesn't do a great job in balancing the blade. A nail on the wall would do a better job.

This Sharpener is Kinda bogus. The stone isn't coarse enough to grind the blade without going over it at least 20-30 time then it is questionable. I ended up using my file & bench grinder to finish the sharpening job. The Balancer works great. - Sharpener'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mower Sharpener - sharpener sharpener Mower Sharpener - sharpener