Tuesday 20 September 2011

37 Inch Lcd - toshiba, flat screen


I guess I'll break the ice and be the first to review this TV.

I searched for a decent 37" TV at a reasonable price and looked at several different brands. I almost bought a Vizio because of the price, but then I found this Toshiba for less than 600$. Here is what I can say about it so far:

This TV has a very good picture especially on the Directv hi-def channels. It has some interesting features that I have not yet used such as:

the ability to play picture files (like a giant digital photo frame, and

the ability to play MUSIC files, like a giant Mp3 player.

When I press the "mute" (to mute the sound)button, it will mute half way, then another press of the button mutes the sound completely.

It has a computer terminal for connecting a PC.

It has 4 HDMI inputs.



The reason I gave this TV 4 stars is the viewing angles--like most LCDs, you need to sit almost directly in front of the screen. If you try and watch it too far off to one side, the colors get a bit washed out.

For an auxillary TV, this one fits the bill. My home theatre TV is a 50" plasma, and that TV blows this one away. But if you just want a fairly large TV for everyday watching and not the whole "home theatre" experience, you will be pleased with this unit. I think Toshiba is a decent brand and most of the reviews on other Toshiba models have been pretty good. Toshiba 37E200U 37-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Black Gloss)

I just purchased this TV to replace my Samsung 27" tube HDTV which was an absolute beast (147 lbs!). This TV is WONDERFUL! It's the 3rd Toshiba LCD in my house (also have a 32" in my bedroom and a 19" in the home office). The picture is crystal clear with rich, bright, vibrant colors. I watch a lot of sports and play video games on this TV and it performs great for both. There aren't noticeable tracers when watching fast action. I wish it had a regular a/v sound output (red & white), but it only offers a digital audio output which doesn't work w/ my out-dated receiver (not the TV's fault). I compared this side-by-side to LG's similarly priced 37" model and it blew the LG away. The picture was brighter, clearer, and lost less quality at an angle. I've noticed some reviews that are critical of the TV's sound, but I'm not having any issues with it. I'm sure it doesn't compare to the sound quality of a home theatre system, but it isn't any worse than any other TV I've owned. If you're looking to get the most bang for your buck on a moderately priced lcd TV, this is the one.

I'll keep this one short and sweet. Ive had this TV for several weeks now, and couldn't be happier.



The picture is awesome. Our other TV is a Samsung 40 inch, which is another highly rated LCD, and I made my own comparison by watching a Stanley Cup Hockey game on both TV's and could not tell any difference. A Hockey game broadcast in HD is a very good test for your TV's clarity, and this Toshiba did not disappoint.



The dynamic aspect ratio works great.



The fact that Toshiba doesn't publish the contrast ratio should not be a deterrent for getting this TV. Contrast ratio is a marketing gimmick, and the determination should be that if you look at the picture, and it looks great to your eyes, who cares what the actual contrast ratio is? The blacks look black, and the whites look white, and there isn't much more to worry about.



Good price for a great TV!

I took ownership of this HD TV yesterday and all I have to say is this thing is great!

* easy to setup

* easy to program

* picture quality is incredible

* paid $483 USD for it and it's worth every penny

* More HDMI slots than devices to hook up to it

* setup the XBOX 360 on the port on the side panel with ease



This HD TV has to be comparable to a Samsung, with a much lower price point. I strongly recommend this HD TV.

Let first comment on the TV...its fantastic! Great picture in either standard or high def. The sound is great as well. I replaced a 4 year old 32in Westinghouse and this just blows it away. Absolutely no complaints about the TV.

Now, as far as shipping goes...I can't believe Amazon uses these people. The company is called Ceva Logistics. These people were the most unprofessional individuals I have ever delt with (when it comes to shipping companies). I see my package is due to be delivered on the 4th...ok sounds good. It didn't come. Fine, I now the estimates are usually just that...an estimate. So I check the status and I see that the package is at the destination location (about 7 miles from where I live). So, i figure it would come the next day (friday). Well, I'm at work and i get a call asking if I want to come pick up my TV from the distribution center...what?!? I ordered it online and wanted it delivered. That is what Amazon is all about...ordering from your computer to your door. Neither me nor my wife have cars (we rely on public transit and bikes) so picking it up was not an option. They tell me that since I can't pick it up myself that I'll have to wait until monday and schedule a delivery appointment....when asked why they couldn't just deliver it because my wife would be home they got an attitude and said "thats not how we do things". So I asked to schedule an appointment and he told me to call back monday....seriously, the TV had been there now for 2 days! So Monday rolls around and I call to make and appointment and they give me a four hour window between 10-2pm. So when does my TV get delivered? 2:45. I have never had so much trouble getting a package in my life....I hope Amazon stops using these people!

*UPDATE UNDER THIS REVIEW* I haven't even been able to watch my brand new TV yet. I plugged all of my things into it, turned it on, and there were all these horizontal lines going across it, making the picture all messed up. i called customer service and they had me call a local company to fix it. local company came by the next day to pick it up. they told me it was the screen, and that they'd have to order that in, which would take about 10 days. so Ive now owned this thing for about a week and cant even watch it until it gets fixed, which will be just in time for me to leave town for the holidays. im definitely not happy with this purchase. i sure hope i have no problems with it after i get it back.



*UPDATE*

I am returning this television today. Toshiba's customer service has been giving me the run around on getting this thing fixed, and I'm unable to put up with it any longer. I bought this on Cyber Monday, and still haven't been able to use it. Their customer service kept losing my paperwork, so no one has been able to answer my questions as to why I haven't been able to get my tv back yet. Finally I get a call back (after at least a week of being told that, whoops, we lost your paperwork, someone eill definitely be calling you back today) from a "manager" (unprofessional sounding and insincere) who told me that the part I need is on indefinite backorder. I asked her why they just won't send me a new once, since I didn't break it, and it didn't work from the very moment I plugged it in. She told me that isn't an option and I have to get it fixed by them. I told them I don't want a refurbished television when I paid for a brand new one. She wasn't really happy with my opinion. So, I'm sending it back to Amazon. I went and picked it up from the local repair company and it is on its way to Amazon as we speak. Thank you Amazon, for having no problems with this return, especially when I've gotten such a run-around from Toshiba. I will never buy another product from them again! - Toshiba - 1080p Lcd Hdtv - Flat Screen - 120hz'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


37 Inch Lcd - toshiba, flat screen 120hz 37 Inch Lcd - toshiba, flat screen