Tuesday 20 September 2011

Fibromyalgia - acupressure, ache


I love my Shakti mat for general stress reduction & for my back pain. When I use it I feel the acupuncture points release stress in my back & heat my back area. My kids notice that I am more relaxed when I use it frequently. I have also found it helpful in relieving my lower back pain & cramps. I use it whenever I have back pain or cramps & it seems to relax my muscles & overall feeling of pain. It has been a very inexpensive alternative to massage & acupuncture treatments. The mat feels great on my back & did not take any time to get used to. I do lie on it with my clothes on. I think that people have different sensitivities to the mat. I have two boys who also love it & use it. One of them prefers to use it with a sheet over it, as he is more sensitive to the spikes. I recently realized that I can use it for other parts of my body as well, & enjoy rolling it to use on my neck area. I have found it to be a great benefit.

I've had this for about a year. I used it several times a week for a while, then it got forgotten. After a spin on the stationary bike this afternoon I saw it there and thought I really should start using that again. So I did. Had to change the rear inner tube earlier which put the back into spasm. With no shirt or cloth I slowly roll down on it from a sitting position. You will feel every one of those sharp points. Hurts a little, but not unbearable and does not draw blood or leave a mark even. In a couple minutes you no longer feel it. I place a small pillow under the mat in the neck area. As usual I fell asleep! This time with Michael Savage blaring on the radio. Very unusual and welcome for someone who normally is unable to nap no matter how tired. I woke up in ten minutes or so refreshed, rested with less aches and pains. Being 65 that's saying something. Don't know how this works, but it does. Get one, I think you'll like it.

I am very much enjoying my accupressure mat! I suffer from occaisional insomnia, and using the mat before bed really helps me to get de-stressed at night, and I have been sleeping better because of it. It helps with my tension headaches too. I have also discovered that if I use the mat lying on my stomach, it helps calm an upset stomach, and menstrual cramps. I use my mat at least 5 nights a week, sometimes more. I haven't quite built up to the point where I can use it without a shirt on yet though. But I love using it, and I am quite pleased with my purchase. There are some accupressure mats out there that are pretty expensive, so I was very happy to find one of the exact same design as a pricey name-brand one (I won't mention the name)at such a great price! - Stress Relief - Pain Relief - Acupressure - Ache'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information