Tuesday 20 September 2011

Accessories - car charger, droid


I've had this car mount for about 2 months now, and I've got some tips for its use. First, make sure that the suction cup AND the window are extremely clean. I recommend keeping alcohol pads that you can pick up at the drug store (100 swatches costs about $2.50 in the Diabetic section). Otherwise, the suction will fail and the mount and phone WILL come crashing down. If you use the alcohol pad that comes with the car kit and never move the mount from that initial location, then I'd imagine you'd be fine. I transfer mine from my car to my work truck daily, so I have to constantly clean the suction disk and the window. Additionally, I had issues with the adhesive disk that comes with this package. The first warm, sunny day of spring caused the adhesive to fail and the phone and mount fell off the dash. I still don't have a good fix for that. I suppose a couple screws would do the job, but I'm not real keen on puncturing in my dash.



The mount has a very small yet powerful magnet in the back of it which trips your phone into "Car Mode." This is a nice feature which places some of the more used icons (preset, no way to change them) directly onto the screen. You can still access the entire phone with the "Home" button in car mode. If you want to use a charger with the phone, you'll need to use a car charger rather than a power inverter and the wall charger. The power inverter and wall charger will work for powering the phone, but the electrical noise that is received through the wall mount will cause the screen to not accurately register the finger's movement. This can be especially embarrassing when trying to select music with your boss in the car, and hardcore rap plays instead of Nat King Cole. Just a tip...



If you decide to use the phone with an 3.5mm headphone jack to the auxiliary port of your stereo or to a tape adapter, this mount will allow you to do so. Having the cord plugged in however, makes hitting the screen lock button a little bit of a nuisance, but certainly not impossible. This mount is well thought out and very well built. There is plenty of positioning available to most every user. It might take a couple of tries to get the positioning just right. This mount will not impair BlueTooth or GPS or MP3 playing. Motorola Car Mount with Car Charger for Motorola Droid in Retail Packaging

This is the Motorola car mount for your DROID.



The best part of this product is the magnet in the back of the mount that triggers the "Car Mode" on your DROID. It automatically brings up the Car Home screen in a horizontal format so you can get navigating right away.



It also leaves room for plugging in an auxilary cable for playing music or nav commands to your car sound system if you have a plug in. It also leaves room for charging as well...



This package with the OEM car charger. These two together are quite the cost savings than buying from a VZ store. The charger can charge the phone really fast about 1hr and perfect for GPS.



NOTE: It only fits the Moto Droid and not the Eris or other phones. The molding will only fit the shape of the DROID.

The product was in the retail box as advertised. However the rapid car charger had been exchanged for a cheap car charger. Pretty inexpensive mistake. Wont be ordering from them again. Very deceptive.

i never knew my droid could do so much. this stand doubles my phone now to a GPS system as well! a MUST HAVE for all motorala droid owners. a magnetic signal automatically lauches the CAR MODE app when you clip in your phone, and makes it so much easier to navigate threw your maps and music while driving. i have a bluetooth connectable stereo deck, and this allows me to sync with that perfectly! this only got 4 stars for a reason though.. the power cable couldve been integrated into the stands design, some cable clips or something, because its just kind of "ghetto rigged" as it is. you just plug in this random cable, and makes your wireless solution seem cludered again. it seems that they designed this stand, and decided to sell a car charger with it at the last minute. not a big deal, but it deffinatly hurts it in my opinion

Great product that works as advertised. Car charger functions well but needs to have right angle micro USB plug instead of the one supplied. A right angle plug would allow the placement of the mount to be closer to the bottom of the windshield thus clearing the field of view better. That said, I would still reccommend this product.

I have had this for a couple days now, and the suction seems to be holding just fine. The fit is perfect.



The Charger is much nicer aesthetically than the one I bought from Verizon. It has an elegant form, and a pretty blue LED. It charges at about the same rate, which is to say, not nearly as fast as the wall charger. But it does work.



A few things marginally concern me, and since they are not really directly related to the mount, but rather to the Droid itself, they don't detract from my 5 stars.



The charger slot's fit is getting looser over time, and I wonder if it will start falling out eventually. If so, I suppose I can attach a clip and perhaps a rubber band to hold it in place, worst case scenario.



I don't think I am a great fan of Car Home, which by virtue of a small magnet in the rear of the case, becomes the default view, and also the default view for the Home button. I don't think I like that, and I will have to check if I can fix this somehow, so I don't have to keep pressing Home button, then the Home icon on the Car Home screen.



But this is a great, well designed and pleasing accessory. The Droid case's clip seems very sturdy with a satisfying lock, and leaves plenty of room for the audio jack, which the Amzer Bicycle Handlebar Mount for Motorola Droid A855 (Black) does not. I shall have to check into gently drilling out a semi-circle, or switch the 2 cases, as they are alleged to be interchangeable, and this product is sturdier and more securely fitting, which is what I will want when riding a bike. - Motorola Droid - Car Charger - Accessories - Droid'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Accessories - car charger, droid car charger Accessories - car charger, droid