Tuesday 20 September 2011

Best Diabetic Socks - easter, socks


I bought some for my aunt who has circulation problems due to a heart condition. I started out buying the small ladies size, but as her condition worsened I gradually bought her the men's size and then when her edema was so much she could not wear shoes, I got her the 13-15 size shown here.



Of course, the 13-15 crew looked like knee socks on her, but, at least she could put socks on her swollen feet and she was very grateful and I was so happy for her.



The socks are lightweight(not a thin dress sock and not a thick bulky sock.)

Socks are mostly cotton. Tops of the socks are weaved to stretch & socks did not lose their form after washing them many times!

I just throw them in the regular wash using very warm water and toss in the dryer.



They are not seamless, but the seams are recessed so that they do not bunch so much at the toe. People who NEED seamless socks need to buy those more expensive socks.

They pretty much look like regular socks except the tops are weaved differently where the stretch happens.



There is a bit more room in the foot area than the Physician Choice brand Diabetic socks. I bought both brands.



I wear these socks too even though I don't have diabetes or neuropathy. I find myself showing family members how the tops will stretch out at the top and then bounce back to my leg. Now my brother, my nephew and some of my friends wear these socks.

The Quarter length socks were just the ticket for a friend has wide legs. Looks like a golfing sock.



Like I said, my aunt, who so much edema she could not wear shoes, was able to wear the largest size 13-15 around her house (as she was housebound.)

The unisex sizes mean a woman can choose a bigger size if they have edema or are pregnant. Even though these 13-15 size are meant for men shoes 12 - 13.5, my nephew who is tall and thin, but, has a size 14 shoe was able to wear them.



The tops of the 13-15 size do stretch considerably. Once during the cold weather, I put a pair over a 2 liter of soda thinking i could keep the bottle from freezing in the car when I went into the mall shopping. (laughing) True Story. It worked, but I do not recommend the socks for insulation, just demonstrating how much much the tops stretch.





(I also noticed that the White and the Gray seem to stretch a teeny tiny bit more than the dark colors.)







I highly recommend them as an economical way to keep you sock drawer supplied with non-binding socks. I got the white socks for about $29.99 dozen including shipping in 2009. Diabetic CREW Socks MEN XL, sock size 13-15, 1 dozen Pairs, white

Bought a package of these socks, all I can say is outstanding, these are the same socks that the VA gave me several months ago. They are comfortable and very sturdy.I will be ordering more of these in the near future.

I had tried several different web sites looking for the right product and the right price to fit my budget. Of course, I had no way of actually touching, feeling, or even visually inspectiing the items. But the visual, the picture, and the price convinced me to give them a try. I will be the first to testify that it met my specific needs. In other words..."they were a perfect fit". Being a type 2 diabetic for thirty years, I have only recently had foot problems and two of them are: 1) My feet have become real sensitive to the touch...2) My feet swell from water retention due to the diabetes. So, regular socks were too confining and the material felt rough. If I went to a larger size, then they would have the tendency to fall down around my ankles. These socks suit me just fine. They are comfortable and do not slip down my leg. And the price!! When compared to other diabetic socks at $6.00 or more per pair... "WHAT MORE CAN BE SAID?!" Thank you very much. In these times of financial crisis, it's refreshing to know that there is still a company out there that has a wholehearted concern for customer welfare and well being. bearpawalaska@mtaonline.net

These are great socks. I'm no longer diabetic and no longer have to deal with cellulitis (losing 220 pounds does wonders for that) but I bought these anyway because they are just so comfortable compared to normal tube socks. I don't care if you're not overweight and have never had diabetes, if you have big feet, you owe it to yourself to get a dozen of these socks. You will not be disappointed.

I bought a dozen for myself and husband. I got the smaller ones for me. I wear a 9.5 and they fit perfectly, but I can also wear the larger ones as they come up further and are just a bit larger on the bottom. However, my husband wears a 12 and the larger socks fit perfectly. I gave 2 pairs to a friend who suffers from a heart problem and her feet swell incredibly and she finds them very comfortable. We all love these socks. I have purchased others which are much too hot to wear even in the winter. These are perfect! They don't bind at all, are comfortable and breathable. They wash well and retain their shape. I am going to buy more while I can. They surprised me with an unexpected discount. Thanks!!

I am not diabetic, but I have size 14 feet, and have a problem obtaining socks that are big enough. These are. They do not indent my ankles immediately, but stay up anyway. If you have big feet, give these a try.



Note added: I have worn these socks for awhile, and they are not the answer for those of us who merely have big feet. They do not stay up! After a long walk, they have rolled themselves down into a ring that indents the legs as much as any ordinary pair of athletic sooks. But they are cheap.

These socks go on easy and are a pleasure to wear. My right foot swells sometimes and my regular socks fit too tight when that happens. These are my new favorite sock. So comfortable, so easy to put on. They're just a dream sock! - Socks - Best Diabetic Socks - Easter - Diabetes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Best Diabetic Socks - easter, socks diabetes Best Diabetic Socks - easter, socks