Thursday 29 September 2011

Retractable Cable - aux cable, retractable cable


I ordered this cable about a month ago and have been using it in my car everyday. The cable functions perfectly. The only thing that I can critique is the cheap retractable portion. The second time I extended it out halfway, it got tangled and refuses to retract completely. This is not a serious issue for me though because it extended to a sufficient length that I can leave it at and still use it without any complication.



I suggest buying this cable if you are planning on not pulling it out and retracting it very often or don't mind it breaking and using it as a non-retractable cable. 3.5MM JACK CAR AUDIO AUX AUXILIARY CABLE FOR IPOD TOUCH

I ordered this product in '09 from EForCity and enjoyed it for the 2 years that followed. Recently, I was with a friend, who purchased a new car and needed a male-to-male 3.5mm audio connector to connect his MP3 player to his new ride. He was planning on going to BestBuy to spend $19.99 on one, that did not extend or retract. I quickly stopped him and insisted that he take mine, it would only cost me less than $3 to replace, it would be my pleasure. Never turn down a chance to give someone something they will use daily.



So we went through with it, he is now enjoying my old cable, I went home and pulled up my old order pages and placed a new order for the same product.



HOWEVER, through a lack of attention, I bought the "same" product from a different seller, importer520. The product I received is nearly identical aesthetically, but it terms of value, this new cable is garbage to me. It does not hold or lock at any expendable distance. I have written them requesting reimbursement.



QUICK SUMMERY:

This is a useful product sold by too many different sellers. The seller "EForCity" sells good quality cables that work as advertised. I have purchased their products in different departments before. My one experience with "Importer520" would warn me against them for the future.

When I first used to device, I had mixed feelings about it. It has a somewhat short reach, but it is bare-able. I will say that the cord retraction worked great though.



*** The BIGGEST problem with this device is that the casing in which the cord and spring was enclosed in was not glued or sealed together in any way. Instead it is sort of snapped in place by 2 male/female plastic pins on each side. So if u have any sort of pressure along one side of the plastic encasing, it will pop them apart and the spring will come undone (as mine did after 2 DAYS of mild use) and it is VERY difficult to reassemble it. ***



So in my opinion, overall the product has the potential to be good, great even. But it is the casing that failed to secure the spring and wire inside that is its downfall.

My advice to you if you purchase this item is to either wrap tape around the plastic or to apply glue to the creases in the plastic before it becomes undone as mine did.

It took me about 5 months to break it. I guess it is as much as you can expect for something that cost me less than 5 bucks. I would buy it again.



Currently, I am trying a non-retractable cable. It is a little thicker. I would like to see one of these with a little thicker cable. I was happy with it.

for the price of this cable $1.74 with free shipping, i can not ask for mutch more. Yes it is very thin, yes the coil that winds the cord probably will break. No i dont expect it to last for years, but considering that it is 5 times chepaer than the cheapest one at walmart, im pretty sure it is worth its money. It looks just like the picture, and if i get 6 months to a year out of this cord, i will be happy, and its not really the end of the world it the recoil part breaks. just remeber you get what you pay for and when its cheap expect it to break, and it it does not then be even happier!

GREAT PRODUCT ANS U CANT BET GETTING IT FOR $1.40 MY MOM BROUGHTTHE SAME THING IN RADOSHACK FOR $10, ONLY THING IS THE STRING GETS STUCK SUMTIMES N ITS A PAIN IN THE BUM TO FIX. OTHER WISE GREAT GREAT PRODUCT.

To be honest, you get what you pay for. I found that out of the box it just barely functioned, but audio would occasionally cut out of crackle. I used it on and off for 2-3 months, before it ceased functioning entirely. I don't recommend buying it, but its hard to complain about the sound quality of a $1 audio cable. In short, spend a few extra bucks and get one that will actually sound good, and last more than a few months.

I was very hesitant to buy an auxiliary cord that was retractable, because I have herd stories of them not working very well. The cord becomes loose and does not retract back in. SO far they have worked really well and I am very happy with the purchase.



The price was the selling point and it is working well.



If your looking for a cheap auxiliary cord that does not take up a lot of space, you can't go wrong. - Ipod Cable - Retractable Cable - Aux Cable - Auxiliary Cord'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information