Thursday 29 September 2011

Ebook Reader - case, javo


I got a nook as an anniversary gift from my husband, but he wanted me to pick out my own case. I needed one FAST, since in our household we are not exactly known for being graceful. I had actually already ordered a case from another retailer when I came upon this one. I liked the looks of this case better and it was cheaper! I ended up cancelling the order for the other case and buying this one. I was uncertain about the flip style case but the book style was not available in the tweed at the time. Turns out that the stand totally sold me on the flip case! I also much prefer the way the JAVOedge cases enclose the nook over most other cases that just have tiny straps to hold the nook in at the corners. My nook seems much more secure and protected in this case. I carry a lot of stuff in my bag, and I feel perfectly comfortable throwing this in with everything else. I now take my nook everywhere! JAVOedge Tweed Flip Style Case for the Barnes & Noble Nook - First Generation

I do a great deal of research before buying anything, and before buying a cover for the Nook, that research led me to this flip cover. It is the best cover I could have picked. The fact that it flips instead of opening like a book allows the reader to hold the nook with one hand, which is ideal for any standing, sitting or laying position. The case itself feels great to the touch, the inside feeling just like leather and looking classy, protecting all edges of the nook except for the backwards/forwards buttons.

I love the "professorial" look of the tweed, and the stand that is buttoned to the back just adds to the value. The Barnes and Noble version of the flip case doesn't have that, nor does it have the pocket inside the cover as this one does.

I've already opened and closed this cover hundreds of times and still the magnets work great and there doesn't seem to be any difference in the flexibility.

This is a great cover all-around and I would recommend it to all Nook users!

I just received my Nook over the weekend as an early birthday present and had purchased this Nook cover for it. It is a VERY tight fit putting the Nook in that I know the Nook will never fall out of it. The little kick stand is very neat and sturdy and buttons into the case when not in use so there's no "flailing" of the kickstand. The kickstand opens up at most to the distance shown in the Amazon item picture because there is a ribbon that is sewn from the kickstand to the back of the case. It feels very comfortable reading with the case opened up. I love how there is a large pocket and a ID pocket on this case just like in the book style version of this Tweed case just in case I want to store papers inside. Only the outside is Tweed material with some faux leather, while the inside is made of faux leather and a soft foam material. It is a beautiful and gender neutral alternative to the flower design JAVOedge cases that are found on Amazon which I felt were a little too girly for me. Love it!

The JAVOedge flip style Nook case meets all of the essential criteria for an ereader cover. First, let me comment on the style. Sure there might be more flashy designs out there, or designer-branded products from B & N but this understated cover is stylish and different with the tweed and leather combination.



Second, protection. There are probably cases that will protect your nook better than this, but you would have to go to one of those all-over silicone-encased monstrosities. The JAVOedge is very well padded and the fit is very snug. I put my nook in, turned it upside down and shook it and the nook stayed securly in place. The sides and bottom corners of the nook are exposed a bit, and I could see a possibility of getting the occasional nick on the corner of the nook. But, on the plus side, this more open design allows for easy access to the charger port.



Third, there is a question of craftsmanship and durability. The stitching is superb. My only concern is how well the tweed outer cover will hold up verses a more conventional leather cover. But' I only received it today so I can't speculate yet on that.



Finally, let me describe the features of this particular cover. The flip design seems to me to be superior to a more conventional book design because it is easy to keep the flap secure when reading. I have never tried a book design though. The magnets in the bottom part of the cover are strong and provide the perfect balance between staying closed and opening easily. On the inside of the top flap there is a clear window for a business card or id and a small flap pcoket that could hold a few notecards or folded papers. The kickstand on the back of the JAVOedge is probably the most unique feature of this cover. I am an academic, and there is the possibility that I would take notes on some of my reading. The stand would allow me to prop my nook up next to my computer and take notes into a word processing program. Even tonight, as I ate my dinner while reading. I found it helpful to pull out the stand and easily turn the "page" on the nook one handed as I ate.



My remarks here should be taken within the particular context in which I find myself. I have only had this cover for a day and I have never used any other covers (although i did inspect the covers at the local BN store). But my over all impression is a very solidly-built, protective and stylish nook cover. I am very satisfied. - Javo - E-reader - Case - Non-leather'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ebook Reader - case, javo e-reader Ebook Reader - case, javo