Thursday 29 September 2011

Energy Star Televisions - lg, 1080p lcd hdtv


It took me about three days to decide to pull the trigger on this TV after looking at written reviews on Amazon and even some video demos online. About four hours after receiving it and I haven't left my room.



This TV is simply lovely so far. The setup was a bit confusing at first and the stand is not the best I've ever seen but the instructions for setting up the stand were adequate and I was able to get the TV up and running in about ten minutes (the first five of which I sat confused).



Really, the negatives on this purchase stopped after the setup and the stand. Besides the stand, this TV is just pretty. One of the first things that stood out to me was the fact that the screen is so sleek and does not reflect any glares at all. Also, I had read about a terrible viewing angle and I honestly watched this TV from the side with no difference in the picture at all. It's so big that it's practically impossible to have a bad seat in the room that you watch this TV.



If you plan on playing video games on this TV, you will not be disappointed in the least. The only issues I've had with the TV is getting my colors juuuust right, although the "Game" picture setting has sufficed very nicely.



The sound on the TV is great. It is centered and doesn't feel empty in the least. It is a very full and rich sound that will work just fine if you don't have an expensive surround sound system.



After paying [...] and receiving free two day shipping, I am literally ecstatic that I was able to nab such a nice TV. After spending the last three years with a 24" Insignia LCD that was 720p, I am ready to lock myself in my room.



If you are like me and can't shell out more than 500 dollars for an HD TV, this is the TV you want to pick up right away. I simply cannot find anything that I dislike beyond the stand itself that makes me rate this any less than 5 stars.



Don't be alarmed by the 60hz refresh rate, I honestly can't see how 60hz is so inferior to 120. Especially when 120hz is almost 500 dollars more expensive.



Trust me, if you are on the fence about this TV -- take the leap. This coming from a 21 year old college student who is now going to be the most popular person on his floor. LG 42LD450 42-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV

First off: We did not purchase this TV from Amazon, we purchased it at a local retail store, not for any other reason than the price (we paid a few hundred less than the current Amazon price)



My husband and I purchased this back in April, it was either this or the Phillips that they had set right beside it, it was really a hard choice as the Phillips was marked down to just a few hundred dollars, whilst this was just under six fifty. We are so very glad that we went with this model(42LD450). The video quality is quite good, blacks are black, and whites are white, back light is very bright, and video quality is amazing.



We almost took this back however: When we first plugged it in and turned it on, the only picture was a white screen with the Firmware version bouncing around, no menu would come up and it would not acknowledge anything had been connected. Well, we unplugged it again, and turned it back on, and this time, it acknowledged the DVR (input 1) and starting spewing forth video and audio We have had no problems since that.



My only gripe is that we will have to go out and purchase a new unit for our surround system, as the TV only has a Optical Audio Output. And on that note, the built in speakers are not awesome, yes, they are very usable, but like almost all TV speakers, they are not going to satisfy your need for spectacular surround.



This is definitely worth the buy, I really think you will be happy with your purchase. Thank You For Reading.

I purchased this TV to replace my 3-year old Samsung Series 3 32" LCD TV in my master bedroom because I wanted a larger size TV now that prices have dropped a good bit (paid over $1,400 for my 32" a few years ago). I debated between this one and a 40" Samsung for the same price, both were 60hz models, which is fine since I'm only using this for my DVR. Since I've seen a few older LGs before that had decent picture quality, I went with this one for it's larger size with slighly better specs than the Samsung, although I've always preferred Samsung. I figured since this was a newer model than those I've seen, with better specs I couldn't lose.... I was wrong!



I put this one on the wall where my old one was and my first night watching it I was quite disappointed! Although the picture is sharp and vibratant, it's only that way if you are directly in front of it. The viewing angel is terrible with this set, especially vertically below, which is my problem since I'm using this on a wall in my bedroom and viewing it from the bed, which puts me slighly below the screen (the TV is just above my dresser, maybe 3 feet above the floor). In this position, the screen washes out terribly, much like some of the older laptop displays did. Blacks become gray and colors very washed out. My Samsungs don't have this problem, neither my old 32" or my 52" in the living room. The construction itself is also very flimsy compared to the Samsung models I've owned. It's strange though, that I installed a 42" LG for a friend that's over 2 years older than this one and it was much more solid and has a better picture and viewing angle than this one.



I realize this is a lower-end set, and I did not want the best just for the bedroom, but considering that I replaced a 3 year old set with only 30,000:1 contrast ratio and 720p with this one that is supposed to be 100,000:1 and 1080p and yet my old one produced much deeper blacks and vibrant whites and colors, I'm quite dissapointed. Also, another reviewer mentioned that he didn't notice any backlight coming out of the back, but that's not my experience. While I've seen worse, this one projects a good bit of backlight out through all the vents onto the wall. I guess I can live with it, but why? None of my others had this issue either.



I was considering returning it, but don't feel like going through the hastle and don't want to spend a bunch more money to get a higher-end set. I decided to change my wall mount to a tilt mount and angle the TV downward, with it slighly higher on the wall and that helps a good bit because it gets the viewing angel of the TV perfectly alligned with my viewing area, so it looks pretty good now and I can deal with it.



Bottom line, I'm going to be happy with it, but I'm not truly happy! I wouldn't recommend this one personally and if I had to do it over I probably would have gone with the 40" Samsung instead, or paid a little more to get a 42" or 46" Samsung.



Update on 6/23/2010



After trying to make myself like this TV for 3 days I decided to return it. It is just that bad! Even with the tilt wall mount it still isn't good. The blacks are still very gray and there is so much bright gray coming thru the LCD panel that it just washes out everything and lights up the lower half of my bedroom brightly, even when there's no picture displayed. That and all the backlight purring out of the back onto the walls, which is now much more noticeable with the tilt mount.



I went ahead and ordered the 40" samsung that I probably should have got it the first place and Amazon is making the process easy. They said they will pick up the bad one when they deliver the new one. - 1080p - Hdtv - 1080p Lcd Hdtv - Lg'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Energy Star Televisions - lg, 1080p lcd hdtv hdtv Energy Star Televisions - lg, 1080p lcd hdtv