Thursday 29 September 2011

Energy Star - lcd tv, hdtv


I recently purchased this TV from Amazon and have been using it for about a week now. The picture is gorgeous out of my PC to the TV using a DVI to HDMI converter. Playing DVDs at 1080p is an amazing experience for me who is stepping up from a 27inch 720p set. There are loads of inputs to connect all your old equipment like a PS2 etc. You can send the audio out of the TV to your receiver using a single optical cable and this makes the clutter much less behind the receiver. The auto highlighting of the active inputs present on the TV makes it easy to know if the equipment you have connected is working or not.



The touch of color is an ok feature..just makes the TV look good and most of the times you need good lighting behind the TV to actually see the red color on the edges.



Is 120Hz worth it? Well right now it is not for the extra 200-300$ per set. I was thinking of getting the Sony Bravia with 120HZ but when I viewed the screen between these two i could not tell the difference.

Films and games mostly are shot/produced at 24-30 frames/sec...since this set has twice the sampling 60hz you should expect a pretty smooth frame rate and should not have any motion lag. 120hz samples at 4 times and will make it look even smoother..but you would need a giant screen to note the difference. at this size it is marginal so save your money and go with this Gem from Samsung. Samsung LN46B550 46-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color

I purchased this TV in January 2009 and in May it developed a problem with the controls no longer interfacing with the TV (remote and side controls). At this point the TV was unusable.



Then I entered into the nightmare of trying to get Samsung to fullfil their obligation under the warranty and repair the TV.



They sent a contractor that I can never get on the phone, shows up hours later then the scheduled time, and never follows through. I have had to take countless hours out of my work day to keep calling over and over in an attempt to resolve the issue. The contractor is US Techdisplay LLC.



The repair contractor has ordered parts, replaced parts, attempted three times to repair the TV. They said on the last visit that they would make a determination that the TV can not be repaired. Since that time I can not get an answer from Samsung and can not reach the repair contractor. The repair contractor will not return phone calls. When I speak to the Samsung Executive Customer Service I get no where.



So, I have a TV that cost over $1000 in my house that does not work and has not been replaced. I have taken off work to wait for the contractor on three seperate occassions and always have to make calls myself in an attempt to resolve the issue. However, nothing is being resolved.



The bottom line is that Samsung does not support their products and I advise your to buy another brand with better support so that you do not have to experience my nightmare.

We received our set over two weeks ago, and remain as excited as if it just arrived. What great color and what a sharp picture. We have a 37" Sony HDTV in our smaller living room, and this picture is even better; and we like our Sony a lot. It was an easy set to self install, and is an easy set to operate. Yet, it has the features and options to expand into a home theater with all the bells and whistles. The included swivel stand comes in handy, since the seating in our family room isn't isolated in one primary location. It certainly is a high value set at today's prices, and one you won't regret owning. Go for it!

Just received the unit a few hours ago. It is a work of art. The photos do not reflect quality of materials and construction. Picture blows away 1080p DLP. Wish it was 120hz, but for 60hz the 5ms response rate makes up for it. After several attempts to fix my HLT5087SAX DLP purchased from Amazon, Samsung replaced it with the LN46B550K1FXZA. I am a Samsung customer for life!

Purchased the Samsung LN46B550 from Amazon after having considered the LN46A550 for quite a while. The B550 is the newer model of the same tv with a better design, better speakers, and more hdmi inputs. Received the product on March 27, 2009.



Easy to setup, the picture is outstanding, and contrary to some reports there is no problem with the sound. Completely satisfied with the purchase and would recommend to anyone. The pricing at $1,300 is a steal.

This flat panel is very nice. The 46 inch LN46b550 is light in weight and easy to move or lift onto a flat panel stand. The remote control is easy to operate. The several brightness and contrast settings make it easy to adjust the picture depending on the lighting in your room. You will be happy with a very high quality picture screen and this is the best buy for this set through Amazon.

You can spend $500 more for the 120 Hz technology but it is not that big a deal to me. 120 Hz is supposed to be even higher quality for fast motions on the screen and is a plus if you watch significant sports. However if you have an extra $500 go ahead and go for the LN46B650.

Price: I couldn't find a better value on the market, not after Amazon threw in a free Sharp Aquos HP BD22U Blu Ray Player, not to mention the free shipping and zero sales tax! This is the Consumer Reports best value in its class, and that in itself should tell you that you're getting a great product for a great price. Try and find another 46" LCD that gets you 4 HDMI ports, 70,000:1 contrast ratio, 6ms response time, and good reliable brand name attached to it. You simply can't beat this product for the cost.



Overall Look: Simply beautiful. The piano black trim all the way around is accented nicely (but very subtle, mind you) by the "Touch of Color" feature that is advertised. It is not nearly as bright as it looks in the picture Amazon shows, however in the right lighting you will appreciate it. From 8-10 feet away, all you see on the sleek TV is the Samsung logo dead center on the bottom of the frame, but if you look closely on the bottom right you will notice some small words. Take a closer look, and you'll see that they are actually the power button, alongside the volume and channel buttons. However, they are more analogous with touchscreen technology than "buttons." If you had your eyes closed and slid your fingers over that section of the frame of the TV, you would not know there was anything there. Yet they are very sensitive, and adds a lot to the overall look of the TV by being so discrete and unobtrusive. The stand is sturdy and a sleek black color, very simple to put together (4 screws).



Screen: Just perfect. Now I'm not a videophile, but this LCD looks pristine to me. This is my first encounter with an LCD, so I am just blown away. I've drooled over many of them in the stores, but this is the first I've ever owned. I'm coming from a 32" old school TV that weighed like 150lbs. This light, thin, beautiful TV is exactly what I've always wanted, and I couldn't recommend it any more than I am now. There are TONS of picture tweaking options in the Menu, but the TV comes out of the box perfect. I understand that when you buy them from stores like BestBuy, you have to do a lot of tweaking. Since this is straight from the warehouse, the thing looks great straight from the box. It has movie mode, standard mode, and some sort of brighter mode, all of which can be customized. You can adjust the warmth of the colors, the sharpness, the hue, the saturation of the greens/reds, the blackness of the blacks and MUCH, much more. It's a bit overwhelming for someone like myself who isn't a tech freak. Full 1080p with my Sharp Blu-Ray player was just flat out mind-melting. Gorgeous TV. Oh, and the 60HZ has not yet bothered me. I haven't seen a 120HZ side-by-side with the 60HZ yet, but I highly doubt that it is worth the $500 upgrade.



Other: Simple remote control, comes with a little cloth to wipe down your new toy when it gets dusty. Pretty thick instruction manual that I haven't made my way through yet. The box it comes in is HUGE, but it's cool because the top just lifts off, making the TV very easy to remove and set wherever you want it. I can't remember if this is shown on the Amazon synopsis of the product, but the inputs on the side of the TV are on the right side if you're looking at the screen straight on. All my stuff is on the left, so my short cords can't quite reach those. Just a little note to help people plan ahead. No banding that I've seen, no ghost images, no dead pixels, etc. Perfect.



Shipping Service (CEVA Experience): I'd read so many horrible things about this shipping company that I braced myself for the worst. They called me a day after the TV shipped (which was a Friday), and said "your tv will be delivered Wednesday [whatever date] between 3pm and 7pm." They didn't ask, they informed me. I didn't like that much. However, they delivered it on time (around 6:40pm that day), and I received the "White Glove" package that Amazon sets you up with, meaning that two guys came in, took my TV downstairs, opened the box, put the stand and TV together, mounted it where I wanted it, had me plug it in, and made sure it worked before they left. They didn't take my trash (which is part of the "white glove" package), but I wanted it anyways, so it wasn't a big deal. Nice guys, didn't wait around for a tip (I wasn't planning on giving one), and had me simply fill out a paper indicating that they did their job. Overall a good experience!



Quickness: I ordered the TV on a Wednesday, and received it the next Wednesday.



The Bad: The only bad thing I've had happen so far was that when I initially plugged in the TV to my satellite box, the colors were all messed up and the picture was grainy. The blues were green, the pinks were orange, the people's faces were red, etc. However I found out that this was simply because my component cables were bad. Once I plugged in my 3 cent (plus shipping) HDMI cord, all my problems were gone, and the picture was perfect as described above.



Don't hesitate to purchase this TV. You won't regret it. I am now a Samsung fan. - Samsung - 120hz - Hdtv - Lcd Tv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Energy Star - lcd tv, hdtv samsung Energy Star - lcd tv, hdtv