Thursday 29 September 2011

Blackberry Curve Battery


The condition of the item is marked as new but the battery they sent me was dirty and all scratched up. Clearly an old used battery. Nothing makes me more upset than a dishonest vendor like the OEM shop. I sent them an email demanding that they fix this so i will update when this is settled.

UPDATE: after contacting the seller they sent me out another battery and although it was newer than the first one it was used as well. i dont know what else to say except that both batteries worked but neither was new as claimed. BlackBerry CS-2 Original Li-Ion Battery for BlackBerry 7100, 8700, 8703, Curve 8530, 8520, 8330, 8320, 8310, 8300, Gemini 8520

I bought this for my Blackberry 8520 after the original battery would drain completely after just 5 or 6 hours of being in standby mode. Afterwards I realised that it was a Facebook app issue. I still kept this replacement in the phone because it lasts a couple hours more than the original battery. I bought this when it was $11us so as you can see the price dropped quite a bit. At the time it definitely seemed to be new. I got no indication that made me think otherwise. This was 5 months ago. I don't know if the standards have dropped since then.

The battery lasted only about an hour to an hour and a half when fully charged and the phone was in the locked position, not being used. I received a call once with about three bars left and I only got in about a minute and a half of talk time before the battery died completely. Rip off.

The battery doesn't fit in the phone because the little notch of plastic on the top of it is to short. I had to scotch tape the battery in because the phone would shut off when the battery would slightly move inside the case. Other than that it keeps my phone going.

The batteries do not hold a charge as long as I would like. I purchased the same factory battery as an additional source with a convenient charger. I give this battery a "3 Stars" because of the speed in which it depletes.

The item arrived in the timeframe given. For the price this was a lifesaver. The new battery saved my blackberry which was on its last legs. I was having to do battery pulls 3 to 4 times a day when my BB would cut off mid phone call. I have used this battery for a couple of days and the phone has not cut off on me at all!.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blackberry Curve Battery Blackberry Curve Battery Blackberry Curve Battery