Tuesday 2 August 2011

Usb Cables - usb cable, cable


I'm not knocking off any stars here because buying this cable - which I'm returning - was my mistake.



I bought it in hopes I could use it to connect an iPad to a PC (when using the USB hub that comes with the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (MC531ZM/A)). I tried this with my PC and laptop and nothing.



If you look up USB cable 28106 at the Cables to Go site, you see this bit of information:



Please Note: This cable is not intended to connect two computers together or to connect a USB hub between two computers. Doing so may cause irreparable damage to your computers. We offer a USB file share cable (#39977) to connect two computers.



This cable may work great for its intended purpose, which as it says at the Cables to Go page for it, is to connect "keyboards, mice, modems, printers, and other USB peripherals" to a computer.



But it didn't work for me with an iPad-to-PC connection, and given the warning at the Cables To Go page, I wouldn't even consider taking the risk of causing "irreparable damage" by trying to use it to connect my PC laptop and desktop (I wasn't concerned that trying to connect an iPad to a PC would cause any damage, just a gut feeling that it would be okay, and thank goodness that the worst thing that happened was nothing at all - no iPad to PC connection, and no damage). Other than that, it wasn't overly thin (as one review led me to think it would be), and it looks like a nice quality cable (for whatever that's worth). Cables to Go 28106 USB A Male to A Male Cable (2 Meter, Black)

I bought this so I could transfer files from my main frame to my netbook. Haven't figured that one out yet but this is a good cable for the purpose. Definitely buy this is you have more than one computer.

I actually bought this thinking i could connect my laptop to my dvd player. Although it didn't work it dose connect my laptop to my printer very nicely. i would like to make a note that it not connecting to my dvd player wasnt the cables fault it was my own i bought the wrong type of cable.

The cables arrived in a timely fashion and were very reasonably priced. Bought them to connect my USB external drive to my notebook because it was longer than the cable that came with the external drive. The run must be too long and the power transmission too low - so it doesn't work. Instead, I must use the short cable that came with the drive. I have other uses for the longer cables, so not a problem and certainly not the cable manufacturer's/seller's fault.

I can say very much, lets very light weight. The picture makes it look like its a good heavy weight cord and its not. It would not be good for long period usage, or heavy data transfers. It did not work when I hooked up my two computers. It is well made, its only plus. - Usb - Cable - Usb Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information