Tuesday 2 August 2011

Computer Add-ons - monitor cables, cable


No problems, great picture, Easy to use. I hooked it up from my laptop to my (Samsung LCD) TV and have had no problems. It's a long cable so it's great if you want to move around with it. I played some movies off my laptop and the picture was sharp and clear. StarTech.com 25-Feet Coax High Resolution VGA Monitor Cable - HD15 M/M (MXT101MMHQ25)

The VGA cable worked just fine. However, don't forget to order an audio cable as well so you will have sound through the PC. I ordered one later and it was actually much less money than the VGA cable with audio attached.

I bought this cable because of the high reviews it received on amazon. I was going to use it to connect my laptop to my 24" lg lcd monitor. But at 1900x1200 this cable's image reproduction was far worse than the default cable I received with the monitor. There was a slight flickering to the images, and yes I double-checked to make sure the connections were secure.



Also, in the image it shows that there is a ferrite core at each end of the cable. But there is only one ferrite core on one end of the cable that I received. This also makes it worse than the default monitor cable I received which has one on both ends.

I bought this item to hook up my laptop to my HDTV to watch progamming broadcast over the net (netflix, ABC, nbc, cbs, etc etc). All I can say is it does the job quite well. I can watch my programs through my tv along with a audio cable which you can also get through amazon. For the price I paid, I can't complain. I highly recommend removing it and safely storing it between uses to maintain its properly.

I am always struggling to configure technology in my classroom and this affordable 25ft. cable has made it all possible! Now my computer, projector and smart board are all being put to use and all students can see the screen because I'm not confined by short cords.



Highly recommended item, the price is unbelievable compared to Staples etc.

This 25ft Coax SVGA Monitor Cable Hddb15m/hddb15 does a great job. I purchased it to connect my Gateway Lamptop to my 52" Toshiba Flat Television. It it crystal clear. and provides the highest video quality possible. StarTech.com coaxial VGA cables eliminate picture "ghosting" and fuzzy images inherent to non-coaxial cables, and provide superior EMI interference protection by using ferrite cores near the connector ends. The only thing that I don't like is you need another cable for sound.

Ideal for high resolution monitors (1024x768 and above)

Overall it does a FANTASTIC JOB as far as the video is concerned and is a GREAT Price on Amazon! - Monitor Cables - Cable - Cables - Computer Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information