Tuesday 2 August 2011

Energizer - battery aa rechargeable, energizer


I've found these batteries to be WELL worth the money. They are comparable to a good Heavy Duty (Non-Alkaline) set of batteries. I have a program on my palm pilot called FPSUtil3.5 that allows me to track the battery power curve over time:They don't hold a top end charge for very long: 85% after only 30 minutes But they really hold up well after that: 68% after 2 hrs & 15 minutes (10 minutes of nightlight) - 54% after 3 hrs - 40% after 5 hrs - 38% after 8 hrs (15 minutes of nightlight) - 28% after 10 hrs - 18% (battery warning)after 11 hrs 30 minutesSo, after 11 hours and 30 minutes of power on over a 6 day period with 25 minutes of nightlight use, they are ready for a 5 hour charge... NOT BAD, seeing as to how I'm supposed to be able to charge them 1000 times. I think I'll get my money out of them... ; ) Energizer Compact Charger With 4 AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries

I bought this particular charger a few years ago when I bought my digital camera (back when rechargeable batteries were between 1200 and 1600 mAh - now they're 2100 mAh.) While this charger worked as specified and was reliable, I've outgrown it, but will retain mine. I upgraded this week to the Engergizer 30-Minute charger (item CH30MN) for $27.00 - less than what this overnight charger is listed for. This 30-min charger was necessary, since I don't use my camera a little at a time - I use it a LOT at a time - so a 30 minute charger was a necessity so I could have 6 sets of batteries charged up for a photo outting without having to remember to start the charging process a week in advance!Bottom line: it works well, but, like computers, now you can get better for less.

I purchased 2 pairs of these batteries for my Palm Pilot IIIx because I was sick of spending a lot of money for non-rechargeable alkaline batteries. And I found them very reliable. There is no possibility of leakage with these batteries, because they are Nickel metal hydride, and they provide a large amount of energy for my Palm Pilot. Using them, I never found myself with empty batteries on the road. They are much better than NiCd batteries because they provide more then double mAh, and they do not loose their capacity with time. I would not trust any other batteries to keep my data safe, but Energizer. I use them in combination with Energizer charger for NiMH and NiCd battery family.

Hi there, after I wrote the review below this one, I've found out that these batteries will drain their charge over time when not left in the charger for their trickle charge. I replaced the batteries in my palm pilot with some that were charged 9 days earlier, unfortunately, the batteries had only retained 25% of the charge. The charger literature has a brief statement about leaving the batteries in the charger to ensure performance... I figured this was more for reasons of battery loss than charge degradation. So, I'll stick by the recommendation that they are worth the money, however, don't count on them if you need to take them away from the charger for a long time.

I bought these Engergizer AccuRechargeable NiMH batteries in the new packaging which says they are 700mAh capacity. That is the highest of all AAA NiMH that I've been able to find. All NiMH batteries discharge when not used in about 90 days. So far these power my Palm M100 for 45 days use the way I use them. This is comparable to the Duracell Ultra's that I was using.I also have 4 of them in a small R/C car to power the motor. They run forever (>45 minutes) and when they are done a 1 hour recharge will get it moving again.I charge them on a Rayovac 1 hour charger which charges each battery idependently until it's "full" and I think that this makes a big difference over other cheaper chargers that charge 2 cells at once and/or for a fixed amount of time.If you need AAA size and want the best rechargeables you can get I'm convinced that these are probably those batteries. Get them and a Rayovac charger and you are set.

I purchased this compact Energizer AA/AAA charger about 4 years ago to replace my unwieldy Energizer universal charger, which worked with AA, AAA, C, D, and 9V. (Turns out I only use AA and AAA batteries.) This charger is compact and has a sleek design, but the technology now lags far behind the competition. In fact, I am surprised to see that the exact same product I bought in 2005 is still available!



Charger pros:

-Compact

-Sleek design



Charger cons:

-Only charges in pairs

-Charges based on time, not battery charge (a.k.a. "dumb" charger)

-Does not work internationally (120V rather than 100-240V)

-Full charge takes 8.5 hours (must leave in wall overnight)

-Only one light to indicate full charge for all 4 batteries

-Light goes from green to off, not from red to green (confusing)



Battery pros:

-AA 2500mAh rating lasts a long time during a single use (e.g., a full day of photography)

-Included batteries have lasted 4 years without excessive memory loss



Battery cons:

-AA 2500mAh rating cannot be paired with AA 2450mAh, which is the rating for Energizer's standalone battery packs

-Batteries have high drain when not in use, unlike newer low self-discharge designs



If you are going to go with an inexpensive battery charger, consider a 100-240V Duracell, Kodak, or Sanyo charger with better charge time instead. You can purchase these chargers alone or in combination with low self-discharge rechargeable batteries, which are better than those included here. A value pack from Sanyo, for example, costs less than this Energizer pack and includes a "smart" (charge-based, not time-based) charger!



Ultimately, this item is obsolete. Buyer beware. - Battery Charger Aa Or Aaa - Energizer - Nimh - Battery Aa Rechargeable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information