Tuesday 2 August 2011

Fine Writing Instruments - fountain pen ink, noodlers


As a new fountain pen addict, I have to say that I love the Noodler's Ink. My bottle of bulletproof black is fantastic. While I get the same amazing quality of coverage and flow with this Blue-Black ink, I wish it was a little more on the blue side. In low light or on canary yellow paper, the ink can look almost black, so I can't really use it in combination with black ink, and be able to readily distinguish the colors.



I have been using this ink with a Lamy Safari and Waterman Phileas, both medium nibs. Noodler's Blue-Black Bottled Ink

I love my fountain pens, and have been using Noodler's Blue-Black for a while. It's good ink, and I tried "washing" it with acetone, bleach, and water. (Yes, I am a chemistry geek.) It runs some, but not totally. The other tiny complaint I have is the shape of the bottle; when it's half full or less, it's a long way down to the ink and I have stained my hands at times. But overall a high quality product, and I probably can find an inkwell somewhere.

Here again we have a great Noodler's ink. Minimal to no feathering on all paper types and qualities. It writes very smooth and leaves a nice line. However, there is one draw back. No matter what paper I write on- printer paper, notebook, or thick drawing paper- this ink is straight up dark sage green when written on white paper. Maybe its just the color spectrum my eyes see it as, but I dont see blue/black I see green. Its still a nice quality ink and I'm happy with it.

I just refilled my Lamy Safari fountain pen and Z24 adapter with this ink. It is a rich, dark ink that was easy to fill my pen with. It writes very smoothly (much more smooth than the ink that was in the pen when I bought it). If I had a complaint, it would be that the ink is slightly darker than I anticipated. It's definitely more black than blue, but I still enjoy it very much. Excellent product.

I come from China. And we usually learn to use fountain pens and brush pens to write beautiful Chinese characters. Now I am in USA, and I start to use USA's best ink. And I really love it. The color is exactly what I want. And it is smooth. Love it.

I absolutely love this ink. As another reviewer noted, it is more black than blue, and if you're not writing on white paper, you might not even notice the blue. This, in my mind, makes it a perfect substitute for regular black because it has that subtle blueness to it that readers may or may not notice. I intend to use this ink instead of black as my regular day-to-day ink so that I and my readers who happen to catch it can enjoy the nuance.

The blue black is more of a greenish-blue black. They are not kidding when they say that the bottle is full. I took them at there word and prevented a big spill. The ink works well in the vinage pens I collect, but the color is not what I expected.

I find the color of this ink very pleasing. It flows smoothly and evenly onto the page. I've been using this ink daily for a month now, and have had no issues with smearing. Even though it dries quickly on the age, the ink has not clotted at all in my pen(Lamy safari), and is great in ink drawings. It washes and hatches very well. Well worth whatever it was I paid at the time.



Again, the ink is very pretty. I would like to try some other Noodler inks very soon. - Fountain Pen Ink - Noodlers - Fine Writing Instruments - Fountain Pens'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fine Writing Instruments - fountain pen ink, noodlers fountain pen ink Fine Writing Instruments - fountain pen ink, noodlers