Tuesday 2 August 2011

Motorola Xoom Case - motorola, case


Update: Manufacturer/Seller contact me within hours of my generating an RMA. They clarified that the black case does not have the velcro issue and offered to give me a black one as an exchange. Very impressed by the customer service quality. Since I already ordered another one, I declined the generous offer. They also indicated that design change was being made to address the issue of velco noted below. I would consider buying V2 in the future.



Original Review:



It is much better than the Motorola case in many aspects, but I found the following problems that irritated me enough to return it and try another slim leather case sold on amazon. Slim.



- The velco that hold the xoom in the smaller leather case (the one that goes into the big case) is not strong/sticky enough. After about 30 seconds of use the whole xoom slides down enough to cover the bottom buttons on the screen. After about 5 minutes of use the xoom simply slides down. Luckily I was sitting the bed and mine didn't break due to the fall. Tried carrying the xoom without the inner leather case and it just bounced around a lot. If the velcro was stronger, I would have probably kept it and overlooked some of the other minor dislikes.







- The side leather covering is too wide, it covers right up to the edge of the screen, which is prefect for protection, but when I am using the browser in full screen mode and want to invoke the "Quick Controls" it makes it a little difficult.

- The flap that props case up at 45 degrees is not strong enough, it bows under weight of the case + Xoom and sometimes flip shut, dropping the case flat.

- The velcro at the back of the inner case (circular patches) are strong, a little too big and awkward against the fingers, specially if you want to use it as a reader.

- It is rather bulky. Probably because it is built with good quality leather and good quality zipper, etc, that adds considerable bulk to the whole thing. If you want to enjoy th slimness of the Xoom, not the right case. Some people like the protection on a $600 or $800 item, some people prefer the skinniness of the Xoom, to each their own.



On the plus side:

- The case is built well and if you are going to carry only your xoom, a few business cards, a pen (or stylus) and 2 sheets of paper, it is great. Protects the screen very well. Though I don't know if it is TSA approved. I have a neoprene case that I have been using prior to this one and I don't have to take the Xoom out of the neoprene to go through airport security. Not sure if the leather one would be allowed.

- The leather, zipper switching of highest quality I have seen on any case

- The color quality is great.

- The xoom can be placed at all 4 angles 0/90/180/360 such that for charging I can just open a slit on the zipper.

- Definitely worth the price. rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Grey Graphite) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for Motorola XOOM Android Tablet

I will keep it short and sweet..





Positives



* Great Leather Case

* Fit the Xoom Really Well

* Not Bulky at all

* Good buy for the $$



Cons



* The Grey is professional, but a black case would be nice.



I highly recommend this case and have already told my business associates about it.

Let me first say that overall I'm pleased with the case overall, it fits very well and looks great with east access to all ports and when its sealed in hits binder youbwouldnt know its anything more than a notepad.



I am a little frustrated with a few things.



First (my fault for not reading more carefully) the pictures looked black or at least a darker grey. I would much prefer the back version and may even order it seperately.



Second I don't know if it needs to be broken in but like many other reviews for other Xoom cases the Xoom doesn't seem to slide far enough in. For the most part thus isn't a big deal but it does partially obscure the front facing camera at times.



Finally I have to remove the case to put in on my Motorola dock, but I think this is true for any case so far except the terrible Motorola portfolio.

Overall the case is nice. I like the kickstand for watching videos. The leather and card holders inside gives this a real professional feel. My only gripe is that it tends to slide a bit in the case so the cameras can be blocked. Other than that it's great.

So far, the Roo case is the best I've tried. I wanted a case that is also a stand for longer sessions using the device. I find the weight and size of the Xoom tiring for my small, old hands. The only drawbacks are that the leather stand has only one setting, and the Xoom in propped up mode sits with half of the case in front of it, not perfect for nightstand use. It looks great and really protects the device. The removable inner piece keeps it protected for use outside the zippered main case. It doesn't have a handle, but I suppose that is only an issue for people like me with very small hands. Sigh.



Unless something amazingly better comes along, this case will serve quite well.

This case is great it offers good protection for the Zoom and is very portable. The exterior case is a little cumbersome, but I found it really convenient for carrying class papers and other items with my Zoom.

Nice combination of Xoom protector and case. Only have one complaint, the leather protector that goes around the Xoom has cut outs for the front facing camera. The hole needs to be larger because shortly after inserting the Xoom, the area around the front facing camera starts to lift slightly. Enough that the case edge is visible when using the camera. You can press it down, but it lifts up again. Contacted Customer Service, and they did a super job of shipping out another one. They tested the new one in house to assure it didn't ride up as well, but given time even the new one functioned in the same matter. Keeping anyway because it's a great case despite the little flaw. - Honeycomb - Motorola - Android - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Motorola Xoom Case - motorola, case case Motorola Xoom Case - motorola, case