Wednesday 3 August 2011

Cordless Hedge Trimmer - cordless, trimmer


These batteries only last one season with full charges, after that you will only get 20 minutes on a charge. I have four batteries each with a different longevity. Also, they do not hold a charge when on a shelf, you have to plan ahead and charge the one you will use that day. A second one will not be fully charged by the time thr first one dies. They work good when brand new but will grow weaker during the season. Black & Decker FSB18 FireStorm 18-Volt NiCad Slide Style Battery

Actually, these batteries work harder and longer than the batteries that came with the unit. Don't know why. Both sets of batteries are brand new, but the batteries from Amazon's distribution hold a charge longer. Very Pleased, in fact I may buy a few more from Amazon for those extra heavy duty use jobs.

Save yourself. It is too late for me. I am addicted to these batteries. I have several tools and some garden equipment that all use the same interchangeable batteries. I have been absolutely corrupted. If these animals are supposed to ware out it has not happened yet. I have not counted but I guess I have not reached the 500 Th charge. Mean time I also have not found my self waiting on the charger to complete a single project from refurbishing furniture to building a fence.

Battery used with tree limb pruning chain saw. Provides adequate power for 30-45 minutes. Cuts through thick branches. Recommend spare battery in case the battery used is partially discharged at time of use and to avoid delay of recharging.

I'm in the process of building a deck and had tons of screws to drive to hold down the deck boards. Well, things started off great but then went downhill fast. These batteries just aren't made for constant use. After a while I found myself sitting there waiting for the batteries to recharge. I was switching off between 2 of the 18v batteries and another B&D drill with 2 12v batteries. Ended up borrowing 2 more 18v batteries from a neighbor to get me going again while mine recharged. As an FYI, one of my 18v batrteries is the silver series which are supposed to be more powerful. Save your money, they're not not any better than the regular ones.

As one reviewer indicated the interchangeability of the batteries makes the entire Black and Decker 18 volt line very addictive. I find myself looking for tools that work with the batteries.



As for the batteries themselves the big positive is the interchangeability. There are two significant negatives. The first negative is that the charger that comes with the batteries and the tools is a dumb charger that does not tell you if it is complete or not. This is annoying. The second issue is the batteries are slightly anemic. Not bad since they are interchangeable but still a little more power and longevity would be nice. Don't worry though. Black and Decker has a silver series of the batteries that purports to be 40% longer life.



Overall a great system and one I am please with.

The firestorm version of this 18v battery is much better and lasts longer than the older version. You have to make sure though that you use the recommended charger and not the older Blacker & Decker chargers because you won't get the full charge. I have a pretty big backyard with lots of trimming and shrubs and one battery can last through trimming the entire yard where previously it took two!

I brought this battery to replace the original battery which came with the Black&Decker saw kit. The original lasted about 1 year. This battery didn't last a month of regular home use. Very disappointing. - Black And Decker - Trimmer - Battery Packs - Cordless'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Hedge Trimmer - cordless, trimmer battery packs Cordless Hedge Trimmer - cordless, trimmer