Wednesday 3 August 2011

Corded Telephone - corded telephone, trimline


Okay, so you've got your four-line, 2.4GHz Digital Spread Spectrum cordless phone with 100-number memory and built-in answering machine. And then the power goes out. Or you loose the handset in the couch cushions. Or you forget to charge it. Or you can't even figure out how to turn the darned thing ON. That's what the Trimline is for. It's a cheap, reliable, easy backup phone. The adjustable volume makes this thing really loud, and the backlit keypad is a feature somehow missing in my expensive cordless. And I like having a phone that's tethered, so I always know where to go when it rings. The memory works, but I don't think the people who buy a phone like this will use it much (I have only one number in mine, plus the emergency numbers.) AT&T 210 Trimline Phone with Memory Dialing (Black)

The box says the AT&T 210 Trimline is the best selling phone of all time, and I can see why. It's reliable and doesn't have a bunch of complicated instructions and programming to follow. It has good clear sound, and the handset has adjustable volume, which makes it good for the hearing impaired. Cordless phones seems to be gaining in popularity, but everyone needs at least one corded phone in their house for in case of a power failure. This simple, inexpensive little phone is an excellent choice!

I recently bought this phone for my father who likes his phones simple and easy to use. This telephone by AT&T works better than other, much fancier phones, including two expensive cordless phones with extra handsets, when I had to get a new phone for my new home. The construction of this telephone reflects great engineering; and it's very, very reliable for a price that's very inexpensive these days for a phone. Yes, it is corded; but when all you really need is a basic phone this really does the job.



The phone has back lit buttons which are desirable for those of us who are elderly or in any way sight impaired. The buttons could be brighter but the back lighting does improve upon no lighting. The phone offers well known features including "last number redial," and allows you to set the phone up with your telephone company so that you can use this phone with features like call waiting and three way calling. The phone has a mute feature, adjustable ringer volume and more. These functions never disappoint me. It also has a small knob that lets you switch between touch tone and pulse (rotary) dialing. I use touch tone dialing as most people do. I am particularly impressed that a phone in this price range even has a twelve number memory feature for speed dialing. Cool!



If you want to take a nap without the phone ringing, just turn the ringer off by using the knob at the base of the phone.



I highly recommend this telephone for people who need a basic phone at a cheap price that still has a few "frills" to like including memory speed dialing and call waiting. The extra features give you all you truly need to make this a well constructed telephone at a ridiculously inexpensive price. Sure, the back lighting for the buttons on the phone could be brighter; but overall this is still quite a good phone for the price. The phone takes up little space and it can even be wall mounted to completely save counter space in a kitchen or any other room.

I have two other ATT 210 Trimline phones. I like them a lot. I like the lighted buttons in the handle and the solid construction with the heavy base.



This newer version is very poor in comparison. Only some of the buttons are actually lighted and the lighting is very dim on those that are. Its feels too lightweight, especially the base. The construction quality seems very poor.



I wish I could buy the same phone built in the same way as my older ones.

... and it feels sturdy and dependable. It has all the features I need -- quick dial, redial, lighted keys, tone-or-pulse control, volume-control for the incoming sound, ringer-on-or-off control, three different distinctive rings... and in fact I intend to buy another.

I had no trouble programming long-distance numbers, and even my calling card number, into the phone (yes, the calling card number required two of the pre-sets, one for the phone number and one for the PIN, with a manual pause in between).



When I made an error during the programming phase, I had the same experience as the person who couldn't get it to program. The key is to press (1) program/mute (2) memory (3) the preset assignment (4) the telephone number (5) program/mute.



My intuition kept trying to override and press program/mute or memory in between the preset assignment and the telephone number, which caused the phone to both dial, and then not have retained the programming.



Hopefully if the person with the programming trouble tries once more, it will work.



My ONLY complaint about the phone is that I can't turn the volume quieter than the "normal" setting, the opposite of the phone it's replacing. - Telephone - Trimline - Corded Telephone - Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information