Wednesday 6 July 2011

Universal Adapter - power plug adapter, universal adapter


This product worked well - I purchased two for my trip to China and they both worked without any issues. It was a bit tricky at first to figure out how to get the adaptor to stay in the plug, but you just have to set it to the right position and then move the lever to "lock" prior to putting it in the outlet (it doesn't mention this in the directions). Other than that, the product worked great! Further, I used it with a variety of devices/plugs: my hair straightener which was purchased in Spain and accepts 220 V, and my laptop computer plug I use in the USA and it a grounded plug. So the adapter is quite versatile. I also received it quite quickly once I placed my order! Universal International Travel Plug Adapter for all Countries

I bought two of these adapters for a job in Korea. (Yes, of course I mean South Korea, I'm not a UN nuclear inspector or anything.) The problem I've run into is that the prongs labeled "Europe" that work with Korean outlets are too small--the prongs appear to be 4mm prongs and most of the outlets here seem to be 5mm plugs. They might work if they extended further into the outlet but the bulky housing doesn't allow the adapter to go all the way into the receptacle. I've managed to get these adapters to work with an extension cord that has shallower receptacles and a few similar plugs, but with most plugs this adapter doesn't make a solid connection and falls out of the wall.



I may end up using these adapters when I visit other countries, and one did come in handy when I had to sandwich it with another Korean plug adapter and a step-down converter with short 4mm plugs.



Since every other reviewer has mentioned this, I suppose I'd better as well... This is not a voltage converter. Be sure to check that your appliance can handle the local voltage and Hz frequency before you plug anything in. (As examples, North American electricity is 120V/60Hz and Korean power is 240V/60Hz, so any device designed to only work on 120V will fry like a chicken wing when you plug it in.)

I ordered two of these universal plug adapters. One never fit into any outlets, the other one fit into one outlet one time after pounding it into the outlet. I stayed in 4 different hotels in Ireland and was unable to make it work at any of them. I did get the adapter that came with my phone to work easily with each outlet however.

Good product! I'd definitely buy this again if I had to. I used it every day for about five months straight while I was over in Europe and it protected all of my appliances. I never had a problem. It fits nicely into the wall -- only complaint is that it's a little loose in the outlet and it fell out if someone tripped over a cord or if it was sitting there for too long. But it wasn't that big of a deal. It worked ALL OVER Europe. I traveled to every country in the EU and it worked everywhere. I didn't have a single problem. It even worked in Italy, which it says it won't work in, but a lot of the time, Italian plugs are just the two prongs for the rest of Europe (maybe that has changed?). Good product for the price and I'd definitely recommend. It also comes in a nice little pouch :)

Though the product serves its purpose, it is sometimes tough to use. The adapter spring at one of its end is so tight , that I have to struggle with it for quite some time to lock it in . Other than that the product is good.

I was looking for a much simpler item when I selected this adaptor. I have arrived in the US with a few appliances with European Continental plugs on them and wanted a straight forward adaptor. However, these were so cheap I decided to buy 4 at once. I have not been disappointed (and can use them for the UK plugs I have as well). So long as one works out that the pins need to be locked in to place once selected they are great. However, I will not be able to use them in a bathroom to convert my electric shaver or toothbrush for example - as they are be too bulky for the socket on the light above the mirror. Apart from that - no problems.

We used two of these adapters for our trip to the UK and European countries - they worked great. The adapter is good if you don't need to convert the voltage for your appliance. If you need to convert the voltage, you will need a separate converter. Since all the items I needed to plug in were dual voltage or had voltage limits from 110V to 240V, I did not need a converter, so these worked perfectly. I liked the fact that this unit contained everything we needed for the trip without requiring separate plugs that were loose all over the place.

This thing really works with all plugs, on both sides. The only thing I wish it had was grounding. The ground prong is only for show. For everything I took with me on a trip to India, and dubia this worked perfectly. - Power Plug Adapter - Travel Adapter - Universal Adapter - Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information