Wednesday 6 July 2011

Lightweight - cordless drill, drills


This is the same drill as the Kit with 2 Batteries, so I'm posting the same review in both places.



PROS:

The usual Li-Ion pros: light, powerful, quick to charge. I bought it for sixty with two batteries at Menards - so I can't complain much and give it three stars. It does not seem to be much different from other expensive brands, except for two major cons listed below.



CONS:

1. Very, I mean VERY, uncomfortable trigger: too wide and square in shape with sharp edges. You can actually see it on the Amazon product picture. The trigger will hurt one's finger badly if one would work long hours with it. It does not matter if one's hands are large or small, it will hurt after a while. Consider gloves or some sort of glue-on padding on the trigger.



2. No LED light in front to light up the work area. That light is pretty standard in every Li-Ion drill and it is convenient. This drill does not have it. Hoewever it has a battery charge indicator with three blue LEDs. I would gladly trade it for a light in front.



OTHER CONSIDERATIONS:

As I mentioned earlier, the drill and its batteries do not seem to be any different from other "major brands", it is all made in China, like all others. I might take it apart and fit it with a white LED in front taking power from the first LED in the battery indicator. Skil 2412-01 12-Volt Li-Ion Drill/Driver Kit with 1 Battery

Product battery life is nearly always expressed in terms of run time. Well, how about those who use a product infrequently? They often have to leave the battery charging, wasting precious energy (and money!). With this unit, one can charge a battery then unplug the charger, meaning no vampire energy drains. The battery holds its charge for MONTHS so that it is ready to go even if it has not been charged in a long time. That is why I bought the second unit for my mother-in-law. For me, I use driver several times per week and I find that the battery operates the unit for many hours on a single charge and has sufficient power for my non-professional tasks. I use a corded driver when I need real torque, but this unit will drill and drive most anything.

The unit is very light and fatigue is rare, even when using in awkward positions, but it still has plenty of power.

A great value for the price and fully capable of getting most jobs done! - Lithium - Cordless - Drills - Cordless Drill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lightweight - cordless drill, drills drills Lightweight - cordless drill, drills